new creature idea 10/17/2012 05:44 PM CDT

I would really like to see some new creatures like the leeches in Vaalors bog, things that are just inherent to some areas that you just have to encounter, and are either survival training based, or dodging, etc but dont really attack but have some slow or long term effects.

examples;

Plants that when you stomp or walk through them release spores in some areas, stinging nettles,

parasites in swamps or nasty water

bees, hornets, wasps like in River rest, that there hive might break or fall and swarm.

I think it would even be kinda cool if the towns had something like weather messaging where a swarm of some insect or birds, worms, crabs, just in and about town and just bite or sting not attack like an invasion.

Blow flies that might lay eggs in someones skin that hatch later and have a delayed effect.

Thicker brambles on hidden paths that have some risk of minor wounds, or poisioning..
Re: new creature idea 10/17/2012 09:30 PM CDT
I do like this idea, too.

The problem is that the few places where this does in fact exist were significantly railed against when introduced. So I would imagine that while you and I might like it, there's sufficient hue and cry cued up to complain about 'reality dragging my gaming enjoyment down the toilet' to make it really not all that appealing to the development team.

Doug
Re: new creature idea 10/29/2012 05:16 PM CDT

agreed, which of course translates to mean

too many race to get capped and never stop to appreciate the details around them. If it slows the hunting or running around its in the way.. (saddens me)

of course more little things like that would motive healers to be around more as they would be needed more constantly.