Request for consideration 02/18/2017 02:42 PM CST
The changes to the raising system mechanics with UNLINK make the ultimate ability of this society now completely obsolete. I would like for that same ability to be reevaluated so that it does not duplicate existing mechanics available to everyone through a verb that has zero cost and zero requirement to use.

Personally I'd love for it to simply cause a character to drop dead on the spot by severing the spirit from the body and ideally with lots of hellfire and brimstone fanfare. Even so, I would be happy with just about anything that doesn't duplicate something already in place. To prevent abuse of mechanics for experience farming, that same dead character could yield no experience to any cleric raising them. And, yes, I'd also be fine with it causing spirit death and automatic decay. The preference for simply a death and not a spirit death is because there's a LOT more roleplay potential for everyone involved.

Hopefully this post is circumspect enough in not referencing actual in-game puzzles. If not, I'll try to figure out how to rewrite it.

- Overlord EK, who also would like to see actual updated and relevant lore associated with the Council

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Request for consideration 03/15/2017 12:40 PM CDT
I hadn't seen a response to this, so I'd like to lend my written support to the suggestion at the very least. I can remember years ago some characters using Sign of Hopelessness just for this kind of purpose- making themselves go up in evil black fire was a very strong counterargument to whatever moral quagmire they were being shackled with.

Of course, it also opened one up to being assassinated or at the very least restricted, but there were definitely times when being a righteously wicked prat made it worth the while, oh yes.

-GK

If both EK and GK like it you know it's an AWESOME idea. right?

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."
Re: Request for consideration 03/16/2017 06:16 AM CDT
Scribes had said he kept trying to get approval to revamp (I guess it would have to be retcon?) the Council, but I haven't seen his presence in about a year.

Their backstory was actually an absurdly well-kept secret. It helped that so many people erroneously thought it was Bandur Etrevion's cult.

- Xorus' player

>You see Lord Xorus Kul'shin the Atlas Obscura of Elanthia.
>He appears to be an Insufferable Know-It-All.
Re: Request for consideration 03/23/2017 09:41 PM CDT

Best kind of secret: all the people who knew it got fired. Or quit. :)
Re: Request for consideration 03/24/2017 02:28 AM CDT
The funny thing is that relatively speaking it isn't even that hard to figure out. You just have to read the I.C.E. source books relevant to the Landing.

There's an Unlife cult that works in this region. One branch is evil priests who pretend to be the good guys, the other branch are evil assassins.

- Xorus' player
Re: Request for consideration 03/27/2017 07:51 AM CDT
Xorus, i vaguely remember owning some of the sourcebooks,

Lost a lot of my RPG stuff almost 20 years ago in a fire. :/ Could never replace all of it. Which is a pity, because i could have made a killing selling all my original(1988) Battletech source books on ebay today.

I think i mentioned it before, but tried turning my AD&D crew on to Shadow World, but i couldn't get them into it.
Re: Request for consideration 03/27/2017 10:17 AM CDT
"original(1988) Battletech source books" -- Hapenlok

Wait, what?

I'm virtually positive I have the first boxed printing, (i.e. "before they fixed the whole "you may NOT have more Jump Jet movement than you have land movement" rule [I mis-remember whether it's 'walking' or 'running', though]).
My first 100-ton design had a 100-rating engine, which gave me walking speed of 1 (for 1 heat), running speed of 2 (for 2 heat)...
...and it had 10 jump jets, so for moving 3-10 hexes (and as much altitude change as desired, and free facing change) it was possible.
And jumping costs 1 heat per hex, so "as far as you move, that's how much heat you generate".

"Oh, look, you're close [defined as "a third of the map away"]. I jump. I land behind you. I alpha strike. [Star Fleet Battles term, "fire everything".] You die. I win."

Great mech. Shame they changed the rules. :(
Re: Request for consideration 03/29/2017 12:24 AM CDT

Well, basically I owned every source book printed from 1986 to 1994.

My initial purchase was made in 1988 when I was 7 years old. Me and a Bunch of friends pooled funds to buy a battletech board set. I was hooked on mechs lol I can't really tell you much more than that. I haven't played with my mates since we all graduated from high school. I bought the battletech master rules box set about ten years ago. But I haven't played with anyone.
Re: Request for consideration 03/29/2017 08:18 PM CDT
Those source books scatter the relevant lore all over the place, so you end up having to do a lot of cross-referencing to make sense of things.

The upside is a lot of stuff in the room descriptions that looks like window dressing turns out to be meaningful.

- Xorus' player

>'=explain Who would deny, after all, that a rhetorical question is merely a statement?
You may not explain with a sentence ending in a question mark.