The Kraken Rises 02/05/2017 11:52 AM CST
“I’m not saying that I wouldn’t believe him if he said it was safe, or more importantly, if it was valuable…” The sailor trailed off for a second, his eyes glazing up as his mind raced to find the words he was searching for. Frustrated that he couldn’t find any more eloquent way to put it, he blurted out “I just don’t trust the Halfling”.

A grunt of agreement rose up from his partner, who followed up with “Aye. Since finding him lay’n there twitching and spitting that gibberish he ain’t been the same. It’s always muffins this and muffins that. Any more muffins and they damn well might think us the bloody Spitfire!”

“I thought that was tarts?”

“It don’t right matter if its muffins or tarts, we ain’t the Spitfire is we?”

“I suppose we ain’t, but he’s kept us from making some costly mistakes with that last load of spoils we took. If all it takes is some muffins and to leave him alone in his room, I’ll leave him alone and learn to bake myself. That’s what I’m trying to tell you.”

“’That’s what I’m trying to tell you’ , you ain’t just trying to tell me, you bring it up every time we finish up and have a moment to rest. It’s all you ever tell anymore. I’m starting to right think you’re scared of the little magician!”

The sailor’s face burnt bright red with embarrassment. He was about to launch into a passionate defensive tirade but was interrupted by another fellow shipmate rushing up with an armful of loot he’d procured.

“Look at all this stuff ‘ere mates!” The sound of clattering metal rang out as he let loose his arms, sending a load of various candleholders, jewelry bits and other various small metal items tumbled into a pile at his feet. “Took it all from their ‘temple’ I did. Funny thing though,” The looter knelt down and fished around in the pile until he found what he was looking for and continued “Shaman had this strange little box on him, hidden as if it was the most important thing.” A small plain tanik box, once painted a bright red but now flaked and dull, sat upon the looter’s hand for all to see.

The partner snickered “Give it over to this one, he’ll take it to the little waggler to have it checked out for ya, he loves doing it!” The declaration was met with a haymaker from the sailor, knocking the partner square off his seat and tumbling to the ground, where the sailor pounced on him and continued to pummel on him.

Staring at the box with renewed interest, the looter quietly spoke to himself, “I wonder what the waggler would want with a little box of cards?”

A strange chant droned out into the darkness. Sharp words were spoken as power crackled in the air. In the center of a strange symbol drawn on the ground was a small bowl of various bits of stone and wood. With a thunderous finish, a crack of thunder rung out and the bowl’s contents glowed brightly for a moment. Ordim approached the bowl cautiously, kneeling down to pick up a small bit of lore shaped to hold laces. The setting glowed dim in response, tiny, nearly unseen tentacles of energy stretched out to grasp at his fingers. He could feel them searching, grasping and straining to latch to his soul and perform their secretive duty.

“The arms of the Kraken can now reach as far as they need without being noticed.”

The sewing needle danced between the materials of the boot smoothly and with purpose. In and out, in and out, securing a fine set of carved stone decorations to the equally well made boots. As the last thread was secured and the boots rubbed clean of any working marks, Ordim smiled to himself. If only he was selling such fine boots instead of donating them. Though silvers weren’t as interesting as what these boots would fetch for him. He set the boots delicately into a large sack, next to numerous other pairs of equal quality and design. He hefted the sack over his shoulder and glanced down at his watch.

“I'd better hurry if I’m going to catch that first wagon!”

A decorative sheet of parchment, watermarked by an intricate Kraken protectively wrapped around two small children, is nailed to the meeting room door in Kraken Manor of Solhaven.

A call to our Brothers and Sisters of the light. On Leyan, the 15th of Fashanos, we join together to further the council’s reach and power! May the light shine upon us, and the Kraken protect us.

OOC : Wednesday the 15th, 9pm Eastern any who wish to attend (CoL Masters) are invited to join a ceremony to create a vessel to capture the spirit syphoned from the refugees. We shall meet in the meeting room in the Kraken Manor of Solhaven and then leave for a secret outdoor location to complete the ritual.