Council of Light in Cross into Shadows? 08/05/2014 08:12 PM CDT
Moved from here, just in case:
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Quests%60Sagas%60Events/Cross%20Into%20Shadows/thread/1653499

Little anecdote:

Crux was stripped of all Voln affiliations (no big secret there), and after much pondering without a society for about six months, he decided to look into this "Council". As such, I RP'd him as having found out about its oh-so-secret caveat through various sundry means, and stipulated that he just flat-out agreed to the terms from the very start; made perfect sense for the character, although in retrospect, I wish I'd taken the time to create a fun little RP mini-plot in which -- due to one character "spilling the beans" (thus his advance knowledge) -- another Master might have been "sent" to assassinate said character in lieu of, well... you know. That one secret dude. You know the one.

To get to the point: I agree, I think with all the Voln love that's come around lately in storylines -- with Vordilian, for example -- it would be neat to see the Council play a role in the current shadowy assortment of goings-on. I don't think it would necessarily have to be GM driven though, as there's so much going on already that I imagine they've got a pretty full plate; however, it could be totally fun to start some player-driven RP with a group of willing participants... if anyone were so inclined.

So, why and how do people think the Council might be involved in the current storyline? Covertly recruiting new people amidst the confusion, perhaps? Sending a secret cabal to the Demonwall for... 'stuff'? Acts of charity to conceal more sinister ulterior motives?

"Never could I breathe love if I did not first learn to inhale a little bit of chaos."
- Christopher Poindexter