Changing pelts in the middle of the task? 10/03/2011 05:43 PM CDT
I was tasked to get 6 gnarp horns, okay so I have an alt Empath get them, as the character in question is a Wizard who couldn't skin an onion. Then I get the horns to her only to have them chose to decide without warning she had to get six salamander skins instead, without a word or anything. This task is in Vaalor so having me get pelts or skins in Solhaven or Landing makes little sense, further. This is also platinum instance, yes I know but there isnt' a folder for that in plat, if it were prime I would just try to buy the skins from some playershop. I didn't reveal anything so I have no clue what is going on.

Any chance they could maybe not make it skins specifically as this society is geared towards pures and only Empaths of the four pures are really all that good at skinning. The society being hush hush, huge secret makes involving other players poor role play and difficult
Re: Changing pelts in the middle of the task? 10/03/2011 06:02 PM CDT
I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but generally changing realms after being assigned a task is a bad idea. I do know that the tasks are based on where you go to get assigned the task, either the east or the west. But I'm not sure that if/when you move from one to the other if it automatically changes it in the background or not. So the safest bet would be to keep your character in the realm that the task was assigned in until you finish the task.

-Aulis
Re: Changing pelts in the middle of the task? 10/04/2011 10:22 AM CDT
I seem to recall having a similar issue when I accidentally picked up a task in Vaalor and tried to finish it in Solhaven. I don't know how it could have happened if you stayed in Vaalor.

I admire that you're trying to be self sufficient in Plat, but you can find IC ways to ask for the help you need. Liberal use of sign of recognition will help you find other CoL members to ask. Or you can use the thought net and say you need the skins for an Adventurer's Guild bounty.

---Mirrami
Re: Changing pelts in the middle of the task? 10/05/2011 10:29 PM CDT
In my experience, if you switch towns it switches between corresponding requests. If you use the society task command, it'll show it right as I have noticed the window in stormfront usually doesn't work right with this. It is very obvious to see in plat with the portals.

And on a task related note, if you want some help with them, I'd be glad to help. Wizards are good people.
Re: Changing pelts in the middle of the task? 10/10/2011 01:47 PM CDT
Pelt tasks show the appropriate pelt for whichever side of the world you log in on. Mist harbor counts as the human half, so logging on in Mist Harbor after getting a gnarp horn task will display it as something else. Handing over gnarp horns in the sewers still works though.