Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/17/2011 09:14 PM CDT
Hello,
I am back after years with a new young character. I am in the Kraken manor in Solhaven, but I can't find the Poohbah anywhere! Where do I get ahold of him? Please help!
Re: Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/18/2011 11:02 AM CDT

Your soul is forfeit! Repent now, and join Voln!
Re: Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/18/2011 10:46 PM CDT

I thought the other path would be easier, apparently NOT. Maybe I should join Voln. At least there is a lot of help. Phhhhhppht.
Re: Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/19/2011 09:20 AM CDT
The issue is that nearly everything regarding CoL is an in game secret and as such isn't allowed to be posted on the official forums. As far as getting out of the Manor, that is easy, you climb over the same wall that you climbed to get into the Manor. If you can't get into the Manor itself, that is an in game puzzle and we can't post your answer here, either. There are websites available that give the answers and all they require is a quick Google search. Voln is NOT easier to complete, not by a stretch. I assure you, the Poohbah is in the Manor. If you actually made it inside the Manor, then you simply need to try harder to find him.

All of the above has always been the case. Your lack of responses is not about people being rude and not wanting to help, it is that they cannot help. There are a lot of alternate sources for information for Gemstone besides these official boards, you may wish to try.

~Galenok
Re: Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/19/2011 10:08 AM CDT

Thanks for responding. I understand CoL is a secret society, which is why I came specifically to the Council of Light Forum. I didn't realize I could not receive the specific information here. I have looked on other websites without much success, however they did aid me in getting into the manor. I guess I will either figure it out or just quit.

Thanks.
Re: Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/20/2011 02:38 PM CDT

leave the Darkside! Join the Light!

Aside from wracking, and a miniscule +9 AS advantage to attacks, CoL has zero to recommend it when compared to Voln or the GoS. Volnies can LK themselves when dead, call for help when dead, and even kill undead critters when dead. And have their own exclusive thought net. Oh, and you don't have to hide from outsiders when using symbols, the way you need to do when using certain Signs.
Re: Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/20/2011 04:24 PM CDT
>>>Volnies can LK themselves when dead, call for help when dead, and even kill undead critters when dead

What good are these powers if you need to be dead to use them? Crush your enemies with more offense, much stronger defense and powerful wracking! Council members also have access to a secret language that only they can see or understand. Oh, and you don't have to devote your waking life to slaying undead, the way you do with certain symbols.

Join the Light, indeed! Council of Light!
Re: Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/20/2011 07:37 PM CDT
>>What good are these powers if you need to be dead to use them?

Just to keep things straight here, a Voln member can use these powers while living, to great effect. It just so happens that they are some of the options a Voln member can use also when dead, options others don't have.

As to the rest -- also not well compared. Beware the Light, for that torch burns falsely!

:)

Doug
Re: Stuck in Kraken Manor 09/21/2011 11:12 AM CDT
Pfft! Doug! You're doing it wrong. You can't play spin doctors with us by telling it straight.

--Mirrami, still off topic