Online poker tourney for gemstoners and former gemstoners 02/15/2011 08:49 PM CST
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but thought "conventions and gatherings made as much sense as anything.

I'm putting together an online poker tourney for gemstoners and former gemstoners. This tourney will be on FullTilt Poker, in a few weeks, and if there's enough interest, maybe we'll do it again down the road. Here's a rundown on the basics for the tournament:

1. There will be a $5 buy-in plus a $.50 rake. That's cheap enough for pretty much anyone. Number of places paid and payout will be determined by number of entries, but will be a standard FTP breakdown. The more entries we have, the more places get paid, but generally speaking, the 1st place entry gets somewhere around a 25-50% of the entire purse. With more entries the 1st place winner's percentage goes down, but their take goes up.

2. The game will be no limit texas hold 'em.

3. Starting chip count will be either 1500 or 2000 chips, and starting blinds will be around 10/20 for the small/big blinds. Blinds will go up every 10 minutes.

4. In roughly one week's time, I'll set this up for roughly 3 weeks from now. That will give you time to acclimate to the website. The tournament will be password protected so that no one uninvited can enter our tournament.

5. You'll need a fulltilt poker cash account. If you don't have one, send me an email and I'll send you an invite, (setting up an account via invite can net you a little extra bonus cash vs just signing up on your own).

6. Once you have an account, I'll need your account name so that we don't have any rogue entries... I mean, other than the rogues. Wizard and fighter entries are cool though.

7. This will be tournament format, with all prizes given out in full. Once you're in, you will not be able to cash out early. If you have to leave early, your blinds will be paid when your turn comes around, until you're out of chips.

8. One question that has come up, "isn't it illegal to do internet gambling in the US?" Answer: a law was passed, but all it really did was move the operations over seas. You can also still play online poker.

Any other questions, ask here or send me a private email if you prefer.

Sincerely,

Kerl
Re: Online poker tourney for gemstoners and former gemstoners 03/04/2011 01:56 PM CST
This poker tournament has been set up and is scheduled for Tuesday night, the 15th of March at 8pm Eastern time. Contact me via email or post here with questions if you would like to join the fun. Note that this is a private tournament, accessable only to gemstone players or former players who have the password. Buy in will be $5.50.

Kerl
Re: Online poker tourney for gemstoners and former gemstoners 03/14/2011 05:38 PM CDT
Reminder: poker tourney is tomorrow!

Tournament ID: 221288148
The tournament name: "Gemstone"
Password: iSukAtPoker2
Game: no limit hold 'em.
Buy in: $5.50, (.50 of which is the rake).
You must have a FullTilt Poker cash account to participate. PM me if you don't.

Questions? Email me.