Prize update request 12/29/2017 10:25 AM CST

Request to please add some amount of W/P/S services to the monthly contest prize options
Re: Prize update request 12/29/2017 12:26 PM CST
>> Request to please add some amount of W/P/S services to the monthly contest prize options

+1 to this!

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Prize update request 12/29/2017 01:42 PM CST
<activate GM Snark>
+1 WPS service available as monthly prize option!
</activate GM Snark>

Asked and answered!

<flee!>
Re: Prize update request 12/30/2017 01:11 PM CST
I'm looking into this to see what I can find out.

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: Prize update request 01/07/2018 10:19 PM CST
<Request to please add some amount of W/P/S services to the monthly contest prize options

Ok, this has been approved, and has been added to PREMIUM 7:

11. 100,000 silvers worth of weighting, padding, or sighting. The 100,000 silvers may be used toward a discount of one, and only one, partial service.

What does this mean? Here are some examples (costs are purely for this example):

If you have a plain 4x broadsword with that has not been serviced within the current 60 day service window, it may cost 77k for 3 services, or 154k for 4 services. You can either take 3 services at no cost, or take 4 services and pay 54k to make up the difference. 4 services would be the maximum on this item from a win. You cannot have a 5th service.

If you have a 10x broadsword, the cost for a single service might be 318k. You could either decline to use the win on that item or make up the difference of 218k for a single service. This one service would be the only service you would receive.

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: Prize update request 01/07/2018 10:44 PM CST

Sorry, what a letdown.
Re: Prize update request 01/07/2018 11:08 PM CST
<Sorry, what a letdown.

I'm sorry if you're not pleased with an option you didn't have yesterday. This will give Premium subscribers access to W/P/S services they might not otherwise get.

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: Prize update request 01/07/2018 11:34 PM CST

>This will give Premium subscribers access to W/P/S services they might not otherwise get.

yes, I understand these breadcrumbs are more than we had yesterday. I am also a premium subscriber, and the idea of a max 36 services on a 4x weapon per year is underwhelming (IF that's even possible, I haven't done the calculations to account for the 60-day service period), and I was hoping it would be an amount as desirable as flares on a 5x item.

36 services on a 4x item is not even 4 CEF points starting from zero. That's very little for entering and winning 12 contests.

Just because it wasn't offered yesterday doesn't mean it shouldn't be introduced in a manner that makes it desirable to more people.
Re: Prize update request 01/08/2018 12:00 AM CST
>>Kynlee's post

Awesome! :)

/seo, wheels and skulls department/
Re: Prize update request 01/08/2018 05:58 AM CST
Thanks for the update, Kynlee. Will this service cause the item in question to have a surcharge window? If so, it'd be nice if it could be waived in this specific instance.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Prize update request 01/08/2018 08:48 AM CST
Anyone who thought that there was going to be the opportunity to do things like "an entire Point, or possibly multiple Points" was deluding themselves from the get-go; that degree of in-game benefit is not in line with any of the other contest winning prizes.

The fact that (at low levels, with starter projects) it can accrete to equal multiple Services in a single shot is already more than I would probably have allowed, were I a designer.

That said... Yes, I agree with Evarin that this win should be completely outside the bounds of Service Windows. (i.e. it does NOT start its own window [if the item was not being worked on], NOR is it subject to increased costs due to happening within an extant window [the item was previously worked on and is within its 60-day countdown].)
It should be completely separate. Two reasons: one, Premium, and by definition the person is paying more; and two, contest win, and by definition the person just "did something" for the game.
Re: Prize update request 01/08/2018 08:56 AM CST

I think that what was offered at the prime merchant would be appropriate
Re: Prize update request 01/08/2018 09:07 AM CST
Thank you for requesting and having this service added to the prize offerings!

While we can debate about the amount of service available per win, every opportunity to add any W/P/S gets this closer to the desired place where W/P/S is a commonly available service, which many of us would like to see but is not (in my mind) yet realized.

Examples also appreciated for clarity! :-) Now we need to get something out there where players can self-service on checking the cost to add one service to an item.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Prize update request 01/08/2018 02:29 PM CST
Does this prize mean that when we ASSIST to redeem the contest win, one of the prizes is W/P/S with a 100k discount, or does it mean that if we happen to attend a W/P/S merchant our fee will be reduce by 100k? Thanks.
Re: Prize update request 01/08/2018 05:04 PM CST
The former.
Re: Prize update request 01/10/2018 05:29 PM CST
Although this is a contest win, it will still count toward the service window when redeemed.

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: Prize update request 01/10/2018 05:45 PM CST

>Although this is a contest win, it will still count toward the service window when redeemed.

I'm not sure the contest win factor was accounted for in the amount being offered. It's not like hundreds of this is going out a month, it's ten total between prime and plat, so it's not even ten a month in prime.