~May Premium Contest~ 05/03/2017 02:29 PM CDT
Hair Today, Done Tomorrow

Do you have the perfect hairstyle picked out for your wedding day? Well now's your chance to share it! For this month's contest, you're to design a hair quirk (hair quirk ONLY) for women.

Here are the requirements:

1. State if the hair quirk is meant for long, short, or mid-back length
2. Submit the hair quirk design

Special Rule: Please remember that hair quirks cannot contain items that could easily fall out (eg. leaves, flowers, hair jewels, etc).

Entries that do not include both requirements and follow the special rule
will not be considered eligible. Contestants have until midnight PT on
May 31, 2017 to get entries to me.

Ten winners will be chosen from the submitted entries.

Like all Premium Monthly Contests, entries are subject to change based on the discretion
of the GMs and QC. Entries will be judged during the first week of May. Zoelle
will not judge this contest except in the rare case of a tie. The winners will be
announced as soon as possible afterwards. Zoelle reserves the right to make any changes
to items that she, or QC, deems necessary.

Please direct any questions to the Premium Contests folder on the official message boards.

REMINDERS: THERE IS NO GUARANTEE ANY WINNING ITEM WILL BE CREATED IN GAME!
USE THE FORM IN PREMIUM 6 WHEN SENDING YOUR CONTEST ENTRY

~Zoelle~
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/03/2017 10:30 PM CDT
Could you please provide a little more detail or an example about what a hair "quirk" is? How is it distinct from a hair style or hair altering item? Thanks.
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/04/2017 10:55 AM CDT

ALTER 34: Feature Field Format

Mandatory Feature Fields:
Height, eye color, complexion, hair style, and hair color.

Optional Feature Fields:
Eye characteristics, hair texture, hair quirk, face, nose, distinguishing mark, and unique.

When all feature fields are utilized on a non-Aelotoi, the format is as follows:
You see Player A.
She appears to be a Race from Culture.
She is <height> and appears to be <age description>. She has <eye characteristic> <eye color> eyes and <complexion> skin. She has <hair style>, <hair texture> <hair color> hair <hair quirk>. She has a <face> face, a <nose> nose and [a/an] <distinguishing mark>. <unique.>

When all feature fields are utilized on an Aelotoi, the format is as follows:
You see Player A.
She appears to be an Aelotoi from Culture.
She is <height> and appears to be <age description>. She has <eye characteristic> <eye color> eyes and <complexion> skin. She has <hair style>, <hair texture> <hair color> hair <hair quirk>. She has a <face> face, a <nose> nose and [a/an] <distinguishing mark>. She has a pair of <wing description> wings. <unique.>
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/05/2017 08:39 PM CDT
What do you mean by a hair QUIRK?

could you perhaps elaborate?
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/05/2017 10:19 PM CDT
I recommend reading the post immediately before yours, RALEKTALEN.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/05/2017 10:26 PM CDT
>What do you mean by a hair QUIRK?

>could you perhaps elaborate?

Of course. When you look at someone in game you see the following fields:

You see Player A.
She appears to be a Race from Culture.
She is <height> and appears to be <age description>. She has <eye characteristic> <eye color> eyes and <complexion> skin. She has <hair style>, <hair texture> <hair color> hair <hair quirk>. She has a <face> face, a <nose> nose and [a/an] <distinguishing mark>. <unique.>

What I'm looking for, is the field that's been bolded. It's the field that comes immediately after the "hair" hard coded portion of someone's hair features.

An example would be: She has long, silk brown hair swept back from her temples into a short ponytail, leaving her remaining curled tresses to cascaded over her shoulders and down her back.

The item that's been bolded is what should be submitted for the premium contest.

~Zoelle~
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/09/2017 09:12 AM CDT
>Do you have the perfect hairstyle picked out for your wedding day? Well now's your chance to share it! For this month's contest, you're to design a hair quirk (hair quirk ONLY) for women.

Can you confirm whether this contest is for *wedding hairstyles* only or if it's any hair quirk for women (bedhead on up)?
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/09/2017 11:22 AM CDT
>Can you confirm whether this contest is for *wedding hairstyles* only or if it's any hair quirk for women (bedhead on up)?

The contest is specifically for wedding hairstyles, and so we're going for dolled up or fancy looking do's.

~Zoelle~
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/10/2017 07:05 AM CDT
Yeah, I guess the males in the game have too many "hair quirks" already. Best not give them the option to gain any more.
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/10/2017 07:16 AM CDT
>Yeah, I guess the males in the game have too many "hair quirks" already. Best not give them the option to gain any more.

This is a wedding contest. Men obviously have nothing to do with it...

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/10/2017 09:10 AM CDT
Can you please make contest # 2 be men's styles, Zoelle? I'd rather enjoy it and would really like to see what people come up with.
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/10/2017 11:24 AM CDT
The complaints baffle me, to be honest. The contest states it's for a wedding; it's trendy for women to do very elaborate things with their hair for weddings. That's really not the case for men, is it? Or are we pretending that men who are writers/roleplayers are wholly incapable of writing hairstyles for women?

Just my two cents, but not every contest is for everyone. I didn't enter the wine flavor one because I'm simply not a wine aficionado. C'est la vie.

~Teveriel's Player
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/24/2017 07:14 PM CDT
One week left to get your entries in for this contest (Wedding Hair Quirk for Women).

I have currently received submissions from:

Azryen
Dannia
Inatriel
Jiarine
Katara
Naamit
Ravenessa
Richaard
Sayshia
Serenwy
Shaelethe
Starrshine
Subarashi
Telyav
Vyral

If you sent it in and your name is not listed, please resend and make sure it's going to GS4-ZOELLE@PLAY.NET for this contest!

Original post and details for this contest can be found at:
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Four%20Winds%20Hall%60Premium/Contests/view/1081

~Zoelle~
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 05/26/2017 08:58 PM CDT
Hey Zoelle! A shout out and a BIG THANK YOU for picking up some of this stuff in Jainna's absence. I hope she's ok and will be back soon, but you (and others) stepping in is greatly appreciated! Kudos!

~Mikalmas
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 06/03/2017 11:24 AM CDT
Here is a list of entrants at the close of the contest (Wedding Hair Quirk for Women). I have checked spam and junk mails and not found any additional entries. If you have sent it in, please recheck the address (GS4-ZOELLE@PLAY.NET) and forward it to me in the next 24 hours so I can verify timestamps.

(NEW ENTRIES SINCE LAST POST)

Aubriella
Fleurs
Isthair
Kayse
Mourne
Nicolao
Rivienne

(The following have already been posted previously.)

Azryen
Dannia
Inatriel
Jiarine
Katara
Naamit
Ravenessa
Richaard - Platinum
Sayshia
Serenwy
Shaelethe
Starrshine
Subarashi
Telyav
Vyral

~Zoelle~
Re: ~May Premium Contest~ 06/11/2017 09:26 PM CDT
Congratulations to the winners of our May (Wedding Hairstyles for Women) contest!

See PREMIUM 7 in game for details on how to collect your prize.

Here are the Premium Contest winners in alphabetical order:

Top Ten Winners:

Aubriella
Azryen
Fleurs
Inatriel
Isthair
Jiarine
Katara
Serenwy
Subarashi
Telyav

All changes are up to the discretion of Simutronics.

Please remember that you have 30 days from the date of this posting to ASSIST to claim your prize.

~Zoelle~