So, 'stamina' verb... 08/16/2018 10:10 AM CDT
I see 'stamina burst' for the increased (followed by penalized) recovery, and that looks like it could be useful...

But primarily what I want to know is if there is something like "mana pulse" for the stamina side, which would make those Stamina Recovery enhancive items ever so much more useful.
(Because with Mana you can control whether or not you get the Enhanced amount, but with Stamina you have to luck into the timing and holding the big boosting items when the pulse happens.)

Is there such verb use, and I simply haven't run across it?

If there is not... GMs! Could such a thing be added?
Re: So, 'stamina' verb... 08/16/2018 01:14 PM CDT
I find stamina burst costs me significant stamina (the gain is capped, but the penalty isn't, so I end up down a lot).

Re: So, 'stamina' verb... 08/16/2018 01:50 PM CDT
It looks like 'burst' is a boost (& later penalty) to the Stamina Recovery, but your wording makes it sound like it's a hit to the Stamina (Value, how many points you have to use & spend). Did I misunderstand one direction or the other?

And I don't understand how it could cost you anything: again--just from the way it's worded--it looks like "Give me some of my future Stamina Recovery, now, but then deny it to me in that future."
So normally, you would get 8 pulses of 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%. == 800%
If you Burst part way through, you get 100% 115% 115% 115% 085% 085% 085% 100%. == 800%

Given that there are lots of ways to boost both Max and Recovery--CMans [Surge of Strength et al.], worn Enhancives--that lets you control the timing of WHICH of those pulses are higher (so you get immediate payoff while hunting/penalty in town) OR you could use them in alternation (so you use the verb to benefit for three pulses, and crank up the CMans & Enhancives to cover the lower period).

Basically: I'm confused by what you say. Please explain. :)

And revisiting my initial question: is there a way to control the timing of those pulses, that you know of?
Re: So, 'stamina' verb... 08/16/2018 04:52 PM CDT
<But primarily what I want to know is if there is something like "mana pulse" for the stamina side, which would make those Stamina Recovery enhancive items ever so much more useful.>

There is indeed, it is called Mana Pulse.

Checkout the Mana verb (which came before the Stamina verb) for other options:

https://gswiki.play.net/MANA_(verb)
Re: So, 'stamina' verb... 08/16/2018 05:42 PM CDT
>And I don't understand how it could cost you anything: again--just from the way it's worded--it looks like "Give me some of my future Stamina Recovery, now, but then deny it to me in that future."#

The amount extra you get is capped, but the amount it takes back isn't. e.g. you get 200 in advance and then give back 200 later in theory, but in practice my 200 gets capped down to only gaining 100, and I still lose the 200 later.
Re: So, 'stamina' verb... 08/17/2018 08:24 AM CDT
Roblar, are you saying that the 'mana pulse' also triggers stamina at the same time? (I can see NO mention of that on the page that you linked to, which I have read over many times.)
I always thought that the stamina happened the Your Regularly Scheduled Pulse happened. (The "You feel mana pulse within the area, but it does not reach you." messaging.)

I will confess to not using stamina terribly much, with this character, so I have never been down enough (i.e. "any") stamina when I need to get mana, so I have never observed this.

However, if that is the case, then it just turns into a decision of "which set of Enhancives get pulled out" (Mana Recovery, or Stamina Recovery).

Rathboner, now I understand you.

It doesn't increase your max, it increases recovery. That means that you have to have some gone, to recover. Just trigger it when you're going into a stamina-use intensive situation, so that you are lacking points, to make certain recovery is enabled & maximized.
Re: So, 'stamina' verb... 08/17/2018 12:19 PM CDT
I think Rathboner means that the stamina recovery bonus is still capped at +50 during stamina burst so if you already have more than +35 stamina regen enhancives you will see a net loss. The penalty is likely capped too but it is much less likely to see negative modifiers that large.

Moral of the story is to time your stamina bursts wisely so you maximize the bonuses. It would be great if the system could take your current enhancive bonuses into account but thats not likely to change.
Re: So, 'stamina' verb... 08/17/2018 12:38 PM CDT
I suspect that there is no cap or lower bound on penalties.

And I agree with that math, but since I don't have terribly many--and certainly not +35% continually active--stamina recovery enhancives to be going on about, it wasn't providing any negative. :) (I would be working with the example I gave, of +15 for three and -15 for three, netting to the same amount but time-shifted.)

Roblar? Did you in fact mean that use of 'mana pulse' moved the stamina effect of that normal pulse forward as well, not just mana as I had been interpreting it?
(I know for a fact that the experience absorption & spirit regen get left behind for when the normal pulse happens. I can't speak to HP--I'm usually either healthy or dead--and that just leaves the stamina that you commented on.)