Breaking a weapon bond? 10/19/2017 07:55 PM CDT
I read that if you wanted to break a bond with a weapon, all you had to do was to attempt to bond with another weapon. However, when I attempt to bond to another weapon, this is what happens

>cman bond pray
In order to bond to a weapon, you must first have at least 3 ranks of Weapon Specialization in that weapon type.
K>cman wspec1
You are currently specialized in the twohanded sword weapon type with 4 ranks in Specialization I.
K>glance
You glance down to see a stout black invar claidhmore with a thick ebonwood hilt in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

I'm not able to bond because it's saying I need to specialize in a weapon. However, I already have the needed ranks in weapon specialization. Am I missing something?
Re: Breaking a weapon bond? 10/19/2017 08:26 PM CDT
Yeah, apparently a claid is a different weapon base than a two handed sword, and that's the issue. Welp, nevermind
Re: Breaking a weapon bond? 10/19/2017 10:18 PM CDT
It sounds like your weapon specialization is for a different weapon base than your new weapon.

What was your old weapon? What is the new weapon you are trying to bond to?

-- Robert

You see a fairly typical Lord Kai.
It appears to be in good shape.
Re: Breaking a weapon bond? 10/20/2017 05:47 AM CDT
>Yeah, apparently a claid is a different weapon base than a two handed sword, and that's the issue. Welp, nevermind

I think this is only the case for old-style claidhs and if you have one created more recently than the change (15-20 years ago?) it should be a THW.
Re: Breaking a weapon bond? 10/20/2017 11:19 AM CDT
<I think this is only the case for old-style claidhs and if you have one created more recently than the change (15-20 years ago?) it should be a THW.>

Both types of claid are THW, the important part is that old-style INSPECT as "a modified twohanded sword" while new ones don't. Since it's the weapon type one specializes in (rather then the skill needed to use them), the OP would have been fine if they had an old-style claid, but needs to train in a new one to use their new style claid.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.