Reminder: DOUBLE Cman Points Per Rank 08/10/2017 11:56 AM CDT

Manuevers are one of the most useful and desirable skills in the game. There are 3x capped
players who want more expansion they cannot get. The system has grown but there's not been
an update. Put 2x the points per rank. 2 points per 1 rank. This won't make it imbalanced,
we'll just be able to get the skills that are hard-won and we'll get more variety. More
variety is more enjoyment of course and more ambition to work at the skills. The same limits
for levels will still be there thus you cannot master something early but you can master more
skills generally.

Tell me one profession which doesn't want twice the utility from Cmans. Rogues have it pretty good but even they have hard limits.
Re: Reminder: DOUBLE Cman Points Per Rank 08/16/2017 12:30 AM CDT

I feel like all 5 rank maneuvers should just go to a 2 3 4 5 6 cost structure.
Re: Reminder: DOUBLE Cman Points Per Rank 09/13/2017 01:48 AM CDT
I think adding 'double CMAN points' would be a horrible design decision. There is already too much 'I can be and do everything!' at cap, or so they say.

Meaningful decisions make the mark of an interesting game. CMANS are one of the few areas, as well as ARMOR and SHIELD, where you have to make decisions about who your character is and what he or she can do.

By all means, give capped players (and others!) different ways to expand. But always make it a CHOICE. Not 'Which do I get first!' but 'Which do I get at all?'

Scarcity of resources makes for interesting, meaningful decisions.

Berbels shrilly exclaims, "Ise takings hims tos secretses lairses!"

Berbels grabs you and drags you east.
Re: Reminder: DOUBLE Cman Points Per Rank 09/15/2017 01:00 AM CDT
>>There is already too much 'I can be and do everything!' at cap, or so they say.<<

Blatantly untrue, at least for me. I have 4 capped characters and almost never play them, unless it's to help out a friend.

The problem is that they have made the acquisition of TPs so painfully, glacially slow that it makes me want to scream with frustration.
If, for example, I play my capped empath 3-4 hours a day, every day, for a month, then maybe ... just maybe ... she might be able to get another spell,
which will increase her CS by a huge 1 point. Whee. Such power.

Yeah, sure, there are characters around who are 2-3X cap, who can do lots of stuff ... but how many years of play did it take for them to get there?
With that amount of patience and persistence, they deserve the ability. Speaking for myself, I find the process just too excruciating.
Re: Reminder: DOUBLE Cman Points Per Rank 09/15/2017 01:19 AM CDT
Oh yes I agree.

And the process is so glacial for the simple fact that, given time, it IS possible to do almost everything and anything you want.

If their were many more limits, I'd imagine...and hope...that the process wouldnt be as slow.

Berbels shrilly exclaims, "Ise takings hims tos secretses lairses!"

Berbels grabs you and drags you east.