Cman Concept: Knock-Back, Mangled Aim 03/14/2017 03:08 AM CDT

First of all, thanks so much for the great encouragement. I put these up here and hope for the best. It's like a log of ideas I have to record and move on from! It's awesome to see that it's not more annoying than cool.

Anyway, this one is about a skill which prepares the adventurer to knock back a blow like they are sort of hitting a baseball. Their weapon and stance are poised to time the assault of the enemy and they are able to take a swing at the incoming weapon to attempt to knock it right back into their body. The target will suffer damage and possibly become prone or even drop the weapon. Since they are using their own weapon against themselves, it would be nice if the system allowed for the weighting and flares to be applied as if they are striking themselves with their own AS. It could work possibly with your AS meeting with their AS and determining which overpowers the other.

It could work that the stance you are in is higher the more Ranks you attain. So like Rank 1 Guarded Rank 2 Neutral Rank 3 Forward Rank 4 Advanced Rank 5 Offensive. An AS bonus of +5 to each rank when using a THW.

Cman Mangled Aim will introduced the positioning of the ambusher into a place that takes advantage of a freshly 'legged' critter! So if they remove a leg, their next shot will be coming from a slightly lower angle and with tactics to take advantage of the weakness in the wounded critter. It could work something along the lines of a +5 bonus per rank to those who are kneeling, laying down and sitting.
Re: Cman Concept: Knock-Back, Mangled Aim 03/14/2017 05:26 AM CDT
I also want to second the appreciation for all of the ideas posted. I've enjoyed reading through them even if I haven't been commenting.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.