Furrier Made Trim 09/25/2015 08:38 PM CDT
Is there a trick to using trim made at the furrier? I made some cobra skin that was set up as trim a bit back and tried to use it tonight while cobbling. It required I set a pattern on it and cut it, then wouldn't work, saying it wasn't prepared properly, something to that effect. Am I doing it wrong or is the piece wonky?

You swap a black leather book of patterns to your left hand and a prepared cobra skin to your right hand. (set for straps, though I also tried laces and lined)
>gaze my patt
You will need to be holding some cobbling chalk to mark off the pattern.

So, I worked it like a normal upper:
>gaze pat
You study the pattern for laced trim. You use your greyish white chalk to carefully trace the pieces for the trim onto a prepared cobra skin you placed on a sturdy oak worktable.
Roundtime: 30 sec.
>look skin on work
The skin has been carefully prepared to be used for creating trim for quality footwear. The skin looks to be your handiwork. Close examination shows pattern marks on the cobra skin as some sort of trim piece.
>get my knife
You remove a short cutting knife from in your bourde vest.
>cut skin on work
You carefully cut along the pattern on the skin to create the trim piece.
Roundtime: 31 sec.
>get skin from work
You remove a piece of cut cobra skin from on a sturdy oak worktable.
>look my skin
The skin has been carefully prepared to be used for creating trim for quality footwear. The skin looks to be your handiwork. Close examination shows pattern marks on the cobra skin as some sort of trim piece.
>join sand on form with my skin
You will need to finish preparing your cobra skin before you can add it to a pair of unfinished sandals.