Character Limit 11/10/2014 09:38 PM CST
I was wondering if it could be considered to raise the max character limit on cobbled shoes/boots etc.

With all of the new cobbling supplies being made available, on top of the dyes we can now use in the dye tents, much of the description is sacrificed to meet the character limit of the finished product. The dyes in the tents are far more detailed than the dyes available in the warehouses. Even the types of shoes available to make are more than simply "boots" or "shoes". I'm not saying we should be able to make 1000 character limit shoes, just a wee boost to make full use of all the fun things we now have to play with.
Re: Character Limit 11/11/2014 05:13 PM CST
>I was wondering if it could be considered to raise the max character limit on cobbled shoes/boots etc.

I'm inclined to say no. Masters already get 75 characters, which is 15 characters more than GMs can sell in merchant shops.

75 characters is, for example, a pair of modest glowing rainbow-hued glossy frog skin wedge-heeled sandals. Any more than that and it really gets into unreasonably long territory. Remember that we have a 12-word limit for long description alterations. That is generally around 75 characters. Some reasonable things will get cut short, but that is the nature of an automated system.

~Vanah
Re: Character Limit 11/11/2014 09:21 PM CST

Ahh, yeah. Makes sense I guess. Could always fiddle (forget the actual verb for it) with the shoes to give them the show instead of a long description. :) Thanks for answering.
Re: Character Limit 11/11/2014 09:41 PM CST
>>75 characters is, for example, a pair of modest glowing rainbow-hued glossy frog skin wedge-heeled sandals.

I need to make these, now.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Character Limit 11/11/2014 10:05 PM CST
>I need to make these, now.

The good news is there is a frog skin cobbling mat somewhere. Dasloonix has made me a pair of frog skin shoes that I adore.
Re: Character Limit 11/12/2014 10:02 AM CST
>I need to make these, now.

Don't forget to add a suitable adornment.
Re: Character Limit 11/12/2014 05:28 PM CST
I think it would be nice to be able to shorten the length of our trim. With the resurgence of popularity, we're seeing cooler and more complex adornment materials come out and that can end up ruining a good concept.
So being able to toggle them perhaps when setting the pattern to use the entire description or just the noun would be neat? so some soft sheepskin could be either lined with soft sheepskin or lined with sheepskin.