What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/23/2014 09:43 AM CST

My girl is a level 6 giantman cleric. I have 3 more times before the 11th of February to reassign. She only has 10 mana but worse, she only has 4 spirit. At that rate, she'll spend many, many, many trainings hunting before she'll ever be able to raise anyone. I'm betting (and am sure) the problem lies in her stats, which are:

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 82 (31) ... 82 (31)
Constitution (CON): 63 (16) ... 63 (16)
Dexterity (DEX): 70 (5) ... 70 (5)
Agility (AGI): 71 (5) ... 71 (5)
Discipline (DIS): 63 (6) ... 63 (6)
Aura (AUR): 43 (-8) ... 43 (-8)
Logic (LOG): 53 (-4) ... 53 (-4)
Intuition (INT): 92 (21) ... 92 (21)
Wisdom (WIS): 92 (21) ... 92 (21)
Influence (INF): 53 (6) ... 53 (6)
Mana: 10 Silver: 0

I'm wondering if it's influence. Maybe aura. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated!
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/23/2014 09:50 AM CST

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Spirit
The amount of maximum spirit points a character has is determined by that character's Aura statistic divided by 10, rounded (i.e. 95 Aura will give 10 maximum spirit.)

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Mana
A character's base capacity for mana is based upon their level zero statistics (enter the INFO START command to view).

To increase a character's maximum mana capacity, training in Harness Power is required. Every rank of harness power up to and including the character's level provides 3 mana per rank. For example, a level 25 character with 25 ranks of harness power will have 75 mana just from his/her training in harness power. For every rank past the character's level only 1 mana is added.

If you haven't been introduced to Krakiipedia yet, well there is a trove of information there. Why, you could lose hours just clicking on links as you follow a trail of useful and interesting information.

Lochiven
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/23/2014 09:52 AM CST
Aura controls spirit points. Your aura stat right now has a -8 modifier. Get it up if you want more spirit.

Mana is a result of both starting stats and skill training. Your wisdom is decent, but I am guessing that, for no good reason, you have not trained in Harness Power skill. Every rank of HP gets you 3 mana up to level. You should have at least 6 ranks of this skill by now, which would get you an additional 18 mana over your starting value.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/23/2014 09:54 AM CST
Bah, Lochiven beat me to it.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/23/2014 10:47 AM CST

Thanks to both of you for being so quick! Guess I'm headed back to reassign some stats. And I most definitely will check out that site tonight (bookmarked it real quick like).

Really happy to know about the harness power as I just made a wizard last night.

Thank you, thank you!!
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/23/2014 11:42 AM CST
>>Really happy to know about the harness power as I just made a wizard last night.<<

Spell casters get complicated. Try making a warrior for a contrast. Easy stuff; just grab a big stick and whack things over the head :)

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/23/2014 02:46 PM CST
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?87607-Half-elf-smite-runestaff-cleric-training-help!

There's another thread with someone asking the same questions as you (to a degree).

Also, check out the other folder here as there's another training discussion going on.

Once you've done that, post back further questions :)

Regarding raising...

It'd probably be best for all new clerics to get 9 spirit by level 18 so they can enjoy raising people as first timers.

Older players (in terms of game years) can get away with lower spirit.. you just have to watch out who you raise. I know many successful clerics that have started with 4 spirit.
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/23/2014 05:09 PM CST
>>Older players (in terms of game years) can get away with lower spirit.. you just have to watch out who you raise. I know many successful clerics that have started with 4 spirit.<<

To clarify this: you can appraise a dead body and see how much spirit they have. You can then calculate how much spirit you will lose by raising them. Additionally, you lose less spirit once 25 and 40 ranks of clerical spells are known. Hence you can raise more folks when you get more experienced, even with a relatively low spirit. However, as a beginner, it's probably best to start with decent spirit so you don't have to worry about such concerns in the first place.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/24/2014 09:59 AM CST

I played back when it was GS3 and had the first female dark elf warrior in the lands, if not the first dark elf warrior. There was always a discussion on who was first...me or Meth...we decided we came out about the same time, others fought about it. She was powerful for a dark elf and it was nice just smacking things upside the head. I miss Stronghold and whacking away, she hunted alone 99% of the time.

I never played another game since...not even on Xbox or anything. Had no desire but the past few months, I've just had this feeling that I had to come back to GS4 despite all the changes and the fact I'll have to learn a gazillion new things. It's sad I don't recognize but one or two names :( and I suppose everyone I know from back then have all left like I did. But I'm far from stupid and with info gleaned from that website, I'll make a group of powerful girls again!

But it'll be fun and I look forward to adventuring with everyone! Thanks so much for your help!

Jeanine
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/24/2014 11:12 AM CST

Welcome back!

There is indeed a ton of stuff to know, but really, the basics are the same. You won't have that difficult a problem picking things back up. I've left and come back half a dozen times over the years. I've been back this time for several years now, since 2007 or 08 I think. Shattered has kept me occupied and playing, but I do occasionally pop in to Prime for some RP with one of my guys.

Feeling the pull to come back... I understand that. Always seems to happen eventually. You get nostalgic, you log in just to poke around and find yourself sucked in again. Heh.

"It's o.k. It's not your fault. You are not alone." to quote an old substance abuse commercial. ;)
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong?!?!? 01/24/2014 01:53 PM CST
You could probably dust off your warrior.

The characters I can re-activate include some 1 day only test characters I created 10 years ago :P