clerical experience 06/18/2011 03:59 PM CDT
I posed this question in hte "discussion with Simu" folder but got no rsponse, so I am going to crosspost it here.

Is there any reason why Empaths get a set amount of experience for healing any given wound, while clerical experience for raising folks depends on the level of the deceased? Is this to discourage older clerics from raising less experienced characters? I'd really like to know the rationale behind this.
Re: clerical experience 06/19/2011 02:08 PM CDT
If I had to guess I would think it would be a throwback to the old-days when Raising was based on Spirit - older clerics could chain-Raise younger players with little spirit before taking a rest. Either that or to discourage Raise abuse (2 accounts, play one PC up to level 2-3, die, Raise, repeat). Isn't that why we get the "feeling of nobility" or whatnot when we Raise a level 0?
Re: clerical experience 06/20/2011 10:49 AM CDT
For Clerics, the idea was to encourage them to spread out to different hunting grounds as they leveled (vs. always staying in the Landing's Town Square). Over the years, the level ranges for a particular area have grown significantly so it's reasonable that level 80 Clerics who hunt in the Bowels are resting in Town Square, which puts these two implementations at odds.

I can't tell you why Empaths did not receive the same treatment and I'm not sure we will change it, but we'll probably at least evaluate the current usefulness of the idea when we get around to the Healing Experience review.

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team