Fear my Bless! 02/22/2011 03:49 AM CST
One of those amusing coincidences.

>get wand
You pick up an aquamarine wand.
>prep 304
You raise your hand while murmuring a soft orison, focusing on the Bless Item spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
A frost giant struggles to rise but fails in the attempt.
>cast my wan
You gesture at an aquamarine wand.
A searing white light enfolds an aquamarine wand.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
[You have earned 100 recognition points.]
The frost giant falls to the ground motionless.
The deep blue glow leaves a frost giant.
The light blue glow leaves a frost giant.
The powerful look leaves a frost giant.
Re: Fear my Bless! 02/26/2011 06:59 AM CST
Having recently returned to playing the game more, what are recognition points?

Thanks,

Mikare/Cindy
Re: Fear my Bless! 02/26/2011 07:04 AM CST
Tied to the Sunfist society, a way of determining how active one is in the society.

One gets recognition points for each enemy type slain, for completing certain activities (razing grimswarm warcamps), etc.

I don't mean to belittle it, but it's a "fame" list for Sunfist members to see how active they are within the society.

Doug
Re: Fear my Bless! 02/26/2011 07:06 AM CST
Ah, thanks. Do we now have that for Voln for spins? and does that other society have something for whatever they do?

Mikare/Cindy
Re: Fear my Bless! 02/26/2011 07:10 AM CST
Voln globes do still count spins, but that is character-directed, rather than other characters being able to tell by reading lists in Voln.

The other society has nothing, other than the rather amusing side-effect of trying to use society powers when a non-society member is present. Which brings up my own question. . .

Are members of CoL penalized when a member of GoS observes certain powers draining their spirit?

That one, I don't know.

Doug
Re: Fear my Bless! 02/26/2011 08:09 AM CST
>Are members of CoL penalized when a member of GoS observes certain powers draining their spirit?--Doug

Yes. CoL members are penalized for demonstrating their powers in the presence of non-members. Non-members include members of OoV or GoS, and it also includes those unaffiliated with any society. Past membership in CoL does not make one currently affiliated with it.

This is something that has not changed.

- Overlord EK
Re: Fear my Bless! 02/26/2011 10:27 AM CST
>I don't mean to belittle it, but it's a "fame" list for Sunfist members to see how active they are within the society.

Its what you need to advance in the society. 5000 for the first promotion, 6000 for the next, and so on. It might change later on, but its an extra 1000 each time so far.