Dreadlocks 10/15/2010 02:16 PM CDT
Any chance of getting 'dreadlocks' or 'knotted' type hair styles implemented?
Re: Dreadlocks 10/15/2010 03:01 PM CDT
>peer mirror

You look at yourself carefully in the blued mithril mirror...

You see Rahsh Ahrion the Madman.
He appears to be a Half-Elf.
He is short and appears to be time-worn. He has bloodshot stormy grey eyes and pasty white skin. He has waist-length, thickly matted black hair braided throughout with a multitude of rusted steel clasps. His haggard countenance is lined with shallow jaundiced furrows, and his eyes are deeply sunken into their sockets.

Maybe not exactly what you had in mind... ;)

Dave, Brandain's Bard
Re: Dreadlocks 10/15/2010 03:08 PM CDT
If you look at ALTER 23 and ALTER 26 in game, you'll see that while we don't allow for the term "dreadlocks" to be used, we do allow for braided, twisted, knotted and matted hairstyles. The key is in describing how the style actually looks, without using the proscribed term.

I've seen some hairstyles done in game that were very obviously meant to be dreads, but which were written without using the word, and done to great effect!

Cheers,
Itzel

Team Plat
Forest Gnome Guru
Elven Nations Guru
Wordsmiths Guru
Re: Dreadlocks 10/15/2010 04:47 PM CDT
If someone can get the in-game version of a Mohawk, dreads should be just as easy.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: Dreadlocks 10/15/2010 10:45 PM CDT
Perfect, this explains much...thank you! :)
Re: Dreadlocks 01/26/2011 04:09 PM CST
i asked for tattoo 'sleeves' to augment my back tat.

I did get 'edges of * tattoo spreading down both of his arms' which i loved, thanks person who didn't give me a shade skink!
Re: Dreadlocks 02/06/2011 03:29 PM CST
Now i have to take that back, recently during the CHE week I saw someone who had a tattoo that was
"....something something something as sleeves down her arms"

so i guess sleeves are ok if you put the as?