Elves w/ Wings 09/25/2012 03:53 PM CDT
I've seen a few people (all elves, so far) with wings (they seem to have magical traits, even). What's up with this? Did elves go through some grotesque mutation while I was away?

Just wondering about the justification for these feature alterations.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Elves w/ Wings 09/25/2012 04:09 PM CDT
Wings are a few of the legendary items you can find info about in a KP category here: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Category:Legendary_Items

Here's one of the pairs - http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Gosaena_wings

/seo/
Re: Elves w/ Wings 09/25/2012 04:21 PM CDT
Le sigh ... I wish they wouldn't have.

Thanks for the reply.

~Brian, Sepher's player.
Re: Elves w/ Wings 09/25/2012 05:05 PM CDT
I agree, I have no idea how to react IC to them, lol.

/seo/
Re: Elves w/ Wings 09/25/2012 06:07 PM CDT
I would tend to react much as to one whom was marked by Ronan, via Chaeye, as one of her Blades. Mayhap even with a touch more reverence. Hopefully, whomever has them plays as one devout to Gosaena. Regardless, one marked by their arkati is how I would roll with it. Both as the person with the wings and as one seeing Her servant. I doubt I would go as far as to declare that person as one of Gosaena's "angels" but yeah, sure as one touched by Her. If the person doesn't roleplay as being touched by Gosaena, well, maybe an elf mated with a griffon.

~Galenok
Re: Elves w/ Wings 09/25/2012 07:28 PM CDT
I don't think all the various wings out there are clearly Arkati-tied. I have only seen one of the winged elves and I don't recall their wings being arkati-based.

If someone had the Gosaena wings and RP'd being a chosen of Gosaena, sure - but for example in this case, I can't communicate with this elf so they are a freak of nature to my mind at the moment. That elf doesn't tend to speak my language so I've gotten away with stunned staring so far...

/seo/
Re: Elves w/ Wings 09/30/2012 12:37 AM CDT
I don't see how someone could really be the "chosen" of Gosaena. Isn't she mostly known for not caring about stuff down in Elanthia?

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Elves w/ Wings 09/30/2012 11:10 AM CDT
My Sylvan cleric is a follower of Jaston and wears a pair of wings along with a collection of feathers in honor of their patron. The wings are not a feature alter but as a pair of wings that can be worn.

https://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/deities/jaston.asp

-- Robert
Re: Elves w/ Wings 09/30/2012 12:25 PM CDT
It's not that Gosaena doesn't care, it's that she doesn't speak (except rarely, and typically only to to Jastev), so it's really very difficult to know her mind. Her focus tends to be death and (if you ask my Sylvan cleric's opinion) keeping the balance. She doesn't judge the souls, merely collect them because everyone dies, and she knows everyone's time. She's more of the outcast Arkati, because with her knowledge she even knows the other Arkati's time, and that scares them.