Removing painted face designs? 09/19/2011 07:54 PM CDT
At the end of my character's description is:

"She is inked with a pattern of interwoven crimson thorned vines upon her face."

I've never gotten her a tattoo and if I recall correctly, these are drawn on by other characters with paint brushes.

2 questions- can a character just draw this on my character's face without her consent? Because I can't recall giving consent the few times this has shown up on her face... and the second, how do I remove this if I don't want it there? It makes it look like she has a facial tattoo and I'm basically stuck hiding at a table and waiting it out for it to crumble off. I tried using a pad of cotton from the Landing boutique (that remove make-up) to no avail. Frustrating, heh!
Re: Removing painted face designs? 09/20/2011 05:16 PM CDT

1. If you are AFK with your group open, it IS possible for someone to join you and paint you without your consent.

2. Landing boutique (NW, then W room, I think) sells squares of cotton that can be used to wipe off most face paint (rub cloth, I think)

3. There are some face paints that just have to time themselves off :(

If you cannot get to Landing or want to try a cloth to remove the ink before buying, IM me or look me up in game and we can try with mine.

Sereh (IM is serehhealer)
Re: Removing painted face designs? 09/20/2011 08:34 PM CDT
<<1. If you are AFK with your group open, it IS possible for someone to join you and paint you without your consent. ~SEREH

It is possible to have your face painted without your consent. A person can exploit a bug in the whole messed up group coding (my favorite peeve) by hiding, stalking you (which puts the person in your group) and then unhiding to paint. Nasty, nasty. I hate paintsticks. :(

~EC
Re: Removing painted face designs? 09/22/2011 04:44 PM CDT
I've heard tell that you do NOT want to go into the bathhouse (where all your items are removed) while having face paint on you. Friend of mine had a bit of a SNAFU in that scenario.
Re: Removing painted face designs? 09/22/2011 10:41 PM CDT
Thanks for all of the help, everyone! I ended up assisting and I believe there was some trouble with it not falling off normally, and a GM took care of it. Unfortunately the cloth pad from the make-up section of the Landing boutique didn't work.. definitely gonna keep my eye out for the actual removal cloths at Ebon Gate this year!