Gnome shops 02/19/2015 10:00 AM CST
If there was a Burghal Gnome shop in game by gnomes for gnomes, what kind of inventory would you like to seein it? Keep in mind it would've very unlikely to create new scripts for anything but ezscripted items might be possible.

~Mazreth
Ta'Vaalor Guru
Erithi Guru
Burghal Gnome Guru

"Mother should I trust the Government?"
Melivn exclaims, "SHUN THE NON BELIEVER OF MINIS!"
Re: Gnome shops 02/19/2015 12:05 PM CST
Power armor.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Gnome shops 02/19/2015 05:36 PM CST

Where could/would it be located? The classiness of the environment would influence what it might sell IMO.
Re: Gnome shops 02/19/2015 08:19 PM CST
Let's say for the sake of argument that it's in a decent part of town. They're gnomes so it's not luxury estates but it IS a nice place.

Keith: When you said power armor, I got this image of you in a yellow power ranger suit. I'm sure that's what you had in mind.

~Mazreth
Ta'Vaalor Guru
Erithi Guru
Burghal Gnome Guru

Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 09:04 AM CST
Keith: When you said power armor, I got this image of you in a yellow power ranger suit. I'm sure that's what you had in mind.

Think Iron Man but more steam punk.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!
Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 01:17 PM CST
you could include steampunk zested gear.

What I'd like to see are items that are reduced in weight and only work for smaller races.
Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 01:40 PM CST
>> Think Iron Man but more steam punk.

^^^ Definitely this. ^^^

>> If there was a Burghal Gnome shop in game by gnomes for gnomes, what kind of inventory would you like to see in it? Keep in mind it would've very unlikely to create new scripts for anything but ezscripted items might be possible.

Off the top of my head:

- steam punk themed clothing/armor (see power armor in prior post)
- Gadgets, gizmos, doodads (things that go "whirrrrrrr...")
- Mechanical flaring weapons.
- Pocket watches.
- Gem cutters.
- Puzzles and games.

* Backroom access, gnome only. *
- Prank supplies (kiss me, kick me, immolate me signs, finger traps, rotten eggs, etc.).
- Gnome siegery pieces

* Periodic (annual?) gnome only raffles for gnomish artifacts.

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 01:57 PM CST
Mechanical flowers and mechanical lovebirds from the Dhu.

Lockpicks of the gizmo, widget,etc variety of various materials.

Siegery pieces.

Wine casks.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 04:02 PM CST
If this is a shop for burghals I'd like to see, it be underground, maybe in the smuggling tunnels, or under an existing shop. For inventory i'd love to see music boxes, mechanical pets (moths,spiders,birds,etc.), run of the mill items put to unusual purpose, like sewing needle and screwturner lockpicks, maybe some utensil, napkins, and dish ware. If its for gnomes in general i'd like to see at least some sized down armaments and crossbows, and of course some blade flaring ammunition, especially light cross bolts. maybe a hidden section in the back for buying rosengift made poisons (for hunting of course). As well as some more appropriate gnomish fare maybe some veggie options for the forest gnomes.

Gargamish
Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 06:24 PM CST

I'll get a little more specific. This would be a Burghal shop (GM Haliste gets the joys of forest gnome stuff). It would be a permanent shop (think a general store for gnomes) so the flaring armor/weapons etc won't be possible, though I will keep them in mind for festival ideas. Most scripted items won't pass approval for unlimited sale in permanent shops so that eliminates some of the other ideas for this but overall GREAT ideas. Keep them coming, I'm taking notes.

~Mazreth
Ta'Vaalor Guru
Erithi Guru
Burghal Gnome Guru

Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 07:28 PM CST

>>(think a general store for gnomes)

Would it have tiny low doorways so the tall folk can't get in?

- Guards haul off the stupid corpse. -
Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 08:24 PM CST
>> Would it have tiny low doorways so the tall folk can't get in?

Ooohhh... put a large door in the back so the tall folk can come in that way.

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Gnome shops 02/20/2015 08:34 PM CST
I would love to see clothing and accouterments geared towards inventing:

-Aprons, possibly with indigenous signs of creation already on them (grease smears, dirt smudges, spatters of paint)
-Overalls
-Work Belts
-Tools (Lightly scripted if possible, but even if not please to make them lightweight!)
-Writing supplies. If books aren't available, smudged paper and charcoal pencils will do! Anything for the writing down of ingredients, recipes, diagrams, etc.
-Many-pocketed items. IE: Backpacks, cloaks, bags, etc. that indicate lots of places to store/hide things
-Work gloves, fingerless gloves. Smears optional.
-Mechanical doohickeys (purpose need not be stated or even implied).
-Basic goods that appear to either have been pilfered/reallocated or somehow 'upgraded'. A wobbly spring-hinged knife, a brass wire-wrapped mace, or a repurposed jam knife could all be fun!
-Jewelry with a Burghal flair: Cogs, sprockets, nuts and bolts and 'borrowed' wire could easily become brooches, wrist-guards, earrings, necklaces, etc.

That's all I can think of for now, love the idea of this shop!

~Niadja
Re: Gnome shops 03/13/2015 06:40 PM CDT
Kind of late chiming in, but any chance the shop could have a back room with a bloodmark tattoo artist? Considering how big a deal these are to Burghals, I think they should be permanently available in the game somewhere, rather than having to rely on catching the tattoo wagon or winning a spin for a custom one. You could limit it to gnomes of the correct bloodline.
Re: Gnome shops 03/13/2015 10:25 PM CDT
<<<a back room with a bloodmark tattoo artist? Considering how big a deal these are to Burghals, I think they should be permanently available in the game somewhere, rather than having to rely on catching the tattoo wagon or winning a spin for a custom one. You could limit it to gnomes of the correct bloodline.

It might be a little late to get this into my original project but I really like it and will see what I can do about implementing it somewhere. I can't promise when but I will work on it.

~Mazreth
Ta'Vaalor Guru
Erithi Guru
Burghal Gnome Guru

Re: Gnome shops 03/15/2015 10:02 AM CDT
Awesome! Thank you.
Re: Gnome shops 06/12/2015 12:21 PM CDT
I'm curious about the status of this (because all the ideas were really good, and I couldn't think of any to add).. did it make it through QC? Will we see it maybe in HSN?

Malikh runs around in little circles, nodding his head so that the wings of his yellow duck hat flap in the wind. Does he think he is going to fly or something?
Re: Gnome shops 06/15/2015 04:16 PM CDT
Those ideas are being put to good use but that's all I'm going to say about it at this time. Patience grasshopper.

~Mazreth
Ta'Vaalor Guru
Erithi Guru
Burghal Gnome Guru

Re: Gnome shops 06/18/2015 09:06 AM CDT
Is that a short joke? ::eyes Mazreth suspiciously::

Malikh runs around in little circles, nodding his head so that the wings of his yellow duck hat flap in the wind. Does he think he is going to fly or something?