UAC and airwall 07/19/2014 01:50 AM CDT
Does using spell 102 have an adverse effect on UAC attacks, similar to that which it has on weapon use? If so, how large an effect occurs?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: UAC and airwall 07/19/2014 02:38 PM CDT
Yes.

You lose the same from UAF that you would from AS.

It can quite easily be a good trade at sufficient level, because UAF effects are scaled against UDF and consequently become trivial at high level.

If I was using scrolls and items to spell up for bandits, which I didn't take on before 40, I'd always put up 102 and save myself a charge on one of the items, but if I'd got enough outside spells I'd leave it off and maybe put it up later if a crystal strips the wrong spells.
Re: UAC and airwall 07/20/2014 02:53 PM CDT
>>It can quite easily be a good trade at sufficient level, because UAF effects are scaled against UDF and consequently become trivial at high level. <<

At approximately what point would you say this occurs? I suspect I am somewhere around there, since I sometimes stance down to advanced just to get a better DS, and my UAC is still pretty effective. Level 50 rogue, 2x in brawling and ambush, 2.5x in hiding.

Oh, another question, which I forgot to ask earlier. CMan ranks add to weapon AS on a 2:1 basis; does training in this skill also benefit UAC? That's more a question out of curiosity, since I plan to get additional CMan training anyway, but it would be nice to know. And what about skills like punch mastery; does this add to the attack's effectiveness from ambush, or just from the open?
Re: UAC and airwall 07/20/2014 08:14 PM CDT
>At approximately what point would you say this occurs? I suspect I am somewhere around there, since I sometimes stance down to advanced just to get a better DS, and my UAC is still pretty effective. Level 50 rogue, 2x in brawling and ambush, 2.5x in hiding.

I was using it from time to time from the 20s. I'd be surprised if it wasn't normally a better trade for you than stancing down.

>CMan ranks add to weapon AS on a 2:1 basis; does training in this skill also benefit UAC?

It adds to UAF in the same way. Its a much less important effect than the AS one is for a swinger though. Get it if you want the manoevers and only if you want the manoevers.

>And what about skills like punch mastery; does this add to the attack's effectiveness from ambush, or just from the open?

All punch attacks. It will be less important for an ambusher but I suspect you should have lots of it anyway. Open UAC you should grab each rank of your prime mastery, which is probably punch, the moment you can learn it.