Bane weapons 06/23/2013 01:18 PM CDT

I have a troll bane weapon brawling weapon that has fire flares on it and fire flares as a bane.
The harmonics generated tell you that the spike-fist has been infused with the power of a fire elemental.
This golvern spike-fist flares with the power of elemental fire when employed against trolls.

During UAC combat punch kick and jab does that mean double the chances to flare once? Double the chances to flare with two flares possible? So it will do 4 sets of damage at times against trolls? With boots and gloves a possibility of 3 flares? Usually I was in a camp and way too bust staying alive to notice and I haven't hunted the character in a few months as the weapon is currently out on loan. Any answers would be great.

GBB
Re: Bane weapons 06/23/2013 03:21 PM CDT

It would give you 2 chances to flare on jab/punch/grapple attacks against trolls, if you had flaring gloves you'd have 3 chances for flares. However the frequency of flares is reduced when you have gloves and weapons with flares using UAC.

You would not get flares from the held weapon when using kick, only flares from your boots if applicable.
Re: Bane weapons 06/24/2013 02:34 PM CDT

does the weapon flare against other grimswarm races? or just against trolls?a grimswarm bane should double flare against giants and orcs too.if its just against trolls thats just a double flare as a trolls natrul weakness to fire flares. i had some tiger-claws fire flared at the auto flare merchant awhile back and they double flare on all trolls.
Re: Bane weapons 07/01/2013 03:56 PM CDT
If I'm recalling what I've read previously, their are different types of bane weapons and it prolly depends on what type you have.

As an aside, using the shift key in the appropriate places will make your posts much easier for others to read (and more likely get get responses).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.