UAC and Mstrike 03/26/2013 04:10 PM CDT
Any plans to make UAC work with the mstrike verb?
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/26/2013 05:52 PM CDT
We wish, it has been asked for twice before and been shot down.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/27/2013 07:10 AM CDT
What reason did they give?
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/27/2013 11:50 AM CDT
There is already an mstrikish attack, the martial stance flurry of blows, for monks and if they made a MoC style attack for UAC it would take away from then uniqueness of monks. Bringing this up again makes me wonder if anyone is actually using anymore or if they've all switched to krynch.

Here is the flurry of blows description from the website:
This is a Martial Stance. When under its effects, you automatically follow up on your jab attacks with additional jabs against other foes in the same area. There is a 50% chance of making a second jab at rank 1, and a 75% chance at rank 2. At rank 3, there is a 75% chance of making a second jab attack, and a 50% chance of a third jab if the second is successful.

Doesn't seem that useful to me and the cost of it is even less then krynch, 3/6/9 compared to 4/8/12, which further accents the point.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/27/2013 04:41 PM CDT

No one uses it as far as I can tell. For one thing there's no easy way to keep track of what you jabbed for what kind of opening in a swarm. Its krynch and a smattering of slippery mind/inner harmony.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/27/2013 05:41 PM CDT

>>No one uses it as far as I can tell. For one thing there's no easy way to keep track of what you jabbed for what kind of opening in a swarm. Its krynch and a smattering of slippery mind/inner harmony.

Clunk saw a monk using it around the Landing, back when Barnom was about and Clunk was there.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/27/2013 09:21 PM CDT

Heh, there's always one. :)
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/28/2013 05:49 AM CDT
I've seen it too. There are situations where it outperforms krynch. I still prefer to have krynch for the situation where a new critter walks in, and its teeth fly out the back of its head on the first swing, rather than flurry for the situation where 3 bandits jump me and one jab gets openings for the lot of them.

If your normal tactic in a room with 3 critters is to attack them, rather than run away and wait for them to split up, flurry wins. It doesn't win by a lot though, and when krynch wins, it does win by a lot. Something like bandit bane flares might be enough for me to add flurry and switch to it for bandits, but I wouldn't drop krynch and I'd run it at other times.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/28/2013 11:02 AM CDT

>No one uses it as far as I can tell. For one thing there's no easy way to keep track of what you jabbed for what kind of opening in a swarm. Its krynch and a smattering of slippery mind/inner harmony.

If the game gave the option to automatically use correct tier-up when switching targets after a jab, would you find it useful enough to use?

If there are five trolls in a room, and jab hits three of them and troll #2 has a tier-up opportunity, the game knows which is which. The front-end does, too. (Those #1234567 ids you see sometimes with certain tools). In character, I'd say your character definitely knows: it's the smelly troll on the right. The problem is that the player behind the character doesn't: it just sees 'troll'.

As a programming/educational exercise, I considered writing something to track that and to automatically use the correct attack when changing targets.
I don't think it would be that difficult (but it never seems difficult before you try it, right?), but I don't know if it would pull ahead of krynch, which happens automatically.

player of monk
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/28/2013 11:40 AM CDT
>>If the game gave the option to automatically use correct tier-up when switching targets after a jab, would you find it useful enough to use?

This seems like it would be way too automated. But it might be nice to be able to look at or appraise a monster and see if there's currently a opening to take advantage of. (Actually, it would be nice to see that right in the also see line.)
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/28/2013 01:25 PM CDT

Fire flaring gloves in a troll warcamp might be a nice place to use it, too. Although all of the other negatives of UAC in a swarm are also enhanced there.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/28/2013 03:55 PM CDT
The only time flurry would EVER win is if you were in a troll grimswarm camp with some fire immolation gloves (they don't exist) and you were hasted. Krynch beats flurry every single time. And yes, multi-strike seriously needs to be added to UAC.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/28/2013 05:15 PM CDT
<<<And yes, multi-strike seriously needs to be added to UAC.>>>

You already have mstrike, if you train in MOC. Admittedly, it's a bit lame with brawling DFs. But with two weapons it can be pretty effective, especially with flares. I realize this isn't what you had in mind, but it's an option.

~ Heathyr
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/28/2013 05:20 PM CDT
>>You already have mstrike, if you train in MOC. Admittedly, it's a bit lame with brawling DFs. But with two weapons it can be pretty effective, especially with flares. I realize this isn't what you had in mind, but it's an option.

I have tried this and it is so totally not worth it.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/29/2013 05:43 PM CDT
At the OOC monks meeting one of players said that he owns Troll warcamps with fire flaring equipment and flurry. At least one monk is using it to good effect on a situational basis.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 04/22/2013 02:37 AM CDT
Can't you use MSTRIKE using UCS weapons? (Not UAC unarmed attacks.) Catching up on a lot of the posts apparently that is one of the advantages to using UCS brawling weapons.

Or do you want MSTRIKE to do multiple "jabs/punches/grapples/kicks?"

I guess another alternative is to stow 2 UCS weapons when using UAC unarmed, and then bringing out the 2 UCS weapons to MSTRIKE.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 04/22/2013 08:33 AM CDT

My rogue carries a feras tigerclaw (since changing to UAC) to multistrike bandits in a group hunt. Triple stun and credit for all ain't shabby even if the damage isn't great.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 04/22/2013 08:36 AM CDT
>>Or do you want MSTRIKE to do multiple "jabs/punches/grapples/kicks?"

This, brawling weapons tend to be horrible in some cases and it is just a different flavor too, using weapons vs not.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 07/25/2013 12:16 AM CDT
>I have tried this and it is so totally not worth it.

I beg to differ. An mstrike with dual'd flaring fist scythes, while not a world-destroyer, is pretty effective.

Player of Dongle
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/13/2017 06:23 PM CDT
Weird, no RT on this kneeling mstrike. Also didn't get two strikes on the bandit. Bug?

You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
You attempt to jab an elven highwayman!
You have decent positioning against an elven highwayman.
UAF: 641 vs UDF: 403 = 1.590 * MM: 85 + d100: 70 = 205
... and hit for 7 points of damage!
Quick one-two jab causes slight bruising on chest.
Strike leaves foe vulnerable to a followup kick attack!
You attempt to jab a giantman bandit!
You have decent positioning against a giantman bandit.
UAF: 641 vs UDF: 368 = 1.741 * MM: 98 + d100: 91 = 261
... and hit for 15 points of damage!
Sinking jab to gut causes the giantman bandit to exhale sharply.
Strike leaves foe vulnerable to a followup kick attack!

Necrotic energy from your white leather handwraps overflows into you!

You feel healed!
KJ>stand
You stand back up.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/14/2017 04:15 PM CDT

On mstrike with UAC, if you are untiered and don't have the opportunity to tier up already present, you get a free jab. If you kill something on that first, free jab, no RT nor cooldown is accrued.

Pretty nice feature.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/14/2017 04:45 PM CDT

I just realized this was a second target, so... not really sure what happened.
Re: UAC and Mstrike 03/15/2017 11:20 AM CDT
Realized i was kneeling and so neither kick tier up activated resulting in 0 rt.