Source of magic metal UCS compatible weapons 02/08/2013 12:13 PM CST
All,

Are there any stores that allow ordering brawling weapons (cestus/paingrip/etc) in magic metals?

I know that they added backroom and carts for handwraps and boots, and some include a few of the lightweight weapons, but I can't find an armory that allows an order to be customized for all of them like Tykel's does (which doesn't include them).

Solhaven had the best selection, but can't order in magic metals.

As Brawling weapons have been around for years now... I would have thought that they would be available somewhere off the shelf, like any OHE/OHB/etc.

Thanks,

Player of a UCS warrior, who needs to hold weapons to parry/disarm/hamstring.
Re: Source of magic metal UCS compatible weapons 02/08/2013 12:31 PM CST
You can customise paingrips in vultite (and other metals) in Vaalor. I forget if there were any others there or not.
Re: Source of magic metal UCS compatible weapons 02/08/2013 12:42 PM CST

Yeah I looked all over when monks first came out as well. As was stated, T'Vaalor is the only place you can make any (in this case paingrips only) of the custom magic metal versions of the the light UCS friendly weapons (cestus, paingrip, razorpaw). I'm uncertain if any glyphs exist for them either as I don't recall ever seeing a forged version of those either.

The digging game in EG had steel enruned versions of them which were plain 4x. My monk is using the cestus version as his blessable feinting weapon.
Re: Source of magic metal UCS compatible weapons 02/08/2013 01:54 PM CST

Thanks for the reference to Ta'Vaalor. I thought I checked there with Nilandia's site, but appears I only checked... everywhere else.

FOrtunately, I'm looking for paingrips, so that works for me.

There are no forging glyphs for these, as there's not a 'handle' on them per se. The lightest forgeable brawling weapon for UCS is knuckle-duster and knuckle-blade. I plan on forging a pair of knuckle-blades for comparison, especially if/when they add a player-forged bonus to them... maybe giving player-forged the penalty of one tier lighter?

As there's not a handle on a cestus/paingrip/razorclaw, etc, it would be nice to see a marriage of forging and... cobbling? to make these.

Off topic from my original question, I think expert cobblers should be able to make boots with a 'player-forged' bonus, especially if fitted to the original owner. (Which would also be nice for forging, but I suspect too complex to implement... so we just forgo reality that a broadsword made for a giant works just as well for a halfling)
Re: Source of magic metal UCS compatible weapons 02/08/2013 05:03 PM CST
For more sources, the cart in Icemule trace has iron, mithril, imflass, and vultite studded versions of the yierka-spur (spikefist), cestus, and paingrip.

I don't know if the cart is permanent, though.

>w
[Commerce Burrow, Dwarven Circle]
The shouting of traders drifts over the buildings to the south. An ancient halfling sits off to the side of the road, twirling a slender blue wand between his fingers while holding discourse over a group of young, attentive pupils. You also see a wide mithril-banded cart with some stuff on it and a disgruntled dwarven clerk.
Obvious paths: east, southwest
>l on cart
>
On the mithril-banded cart:
uncommon (4): a barbed vultite spike-fist, a barbed mithril spike-fist, a barbed iron spike-fist, a barbed imflass spike-fist.
uncommon,weapon (12): a vultite-studded cestus, an iron-studded cestus, an imflass-studded cestus, a mithril-studded cestus, an iron-spiked paingrip, a mithril-spiked paingrip, a vultite-spiked paingrip, an imflass-spiked paingrip, an angular mithril tiger-claw, an angular iron tiger-claw, an angular vultite tiger-claw, an angular imflass tiger-claw.
Re: Source of magic metal UCS compatible weapons 02/09/2013 09:40 AM CST

Ooh neat, I'll have to grab a cestus there thanks!