PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 02/28/2018 09:12 PM CST
I want to get Zelnorn enchanted and there is a high level requirement to hold it. I have the PP's to enchant it, but don't have a character that can hold it.

How can I get this enchanted with my PP's?
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/01/2018 08:42 AM CST
How fast do you make levels? :)

With the scrolls, you have to be holding the item in order to use it to spend your points. No way around that, that I know of.
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/01/2018 01:53 PM CST
You can hold the item and the scroll while in your locker. Do your scroll work there.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/01/2018 08:47 PM CST
Oh ya, that works great. Never knew that about lockers.

Do I just WRITE +5 ENCHANT?...if I want a +5 enchant.

oh man. This is tough. I must pick up a scroll while holding the object in my left hand or I can't pick up a scroll. But I can't hold the object at the Lighthouse. Only in a locker.

Do you think I should WRITE NEW and explain the situation?
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/01/2018 10:19 PM CST
>> oh man. This is tough. I must pick up a scroll while holding the object in my left hand

I didn't remember that requirement.

Let's see if we can't completely break the system!

Grab a scroll while holding something you can hold. Then go to your locker and switch to the item you want to have work done on. Then WRITE NEW which I think resets the scroll.

Then cross your fingers and wait for a GM to tell you that you are sounding alarms somewhere...

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/01/2018 11:00 PM CST
If the locker work-around doesn't work, I could probably calendar a live Sadie session for troublesome items sometime in the next few weeks.

ASGM
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/02/2018 05:42 AM CST
Hi, Tamuz --

Would the live Sadie session still retain the restriction to Rikelle armor (i.e., only doable if it's never been shape-shifted)? I'm not sure if that's a purely mechanical issue or an RP decision, but if it's something that could be done in person, I'd love to spend the points on it.

Otherwise, I'll keep hoarding the points and see what comes up. Either way, thanks for checking. :)

--- Lauren, Lylia's player
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/02/2018 06:23 AM CST

A live Sadie? Hasn’t anyone ever seen a Sadie in person before?
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/02/2018 09:45 PM CST
Below is what happened when I tried to switch it up. I used my axe to get a scroll, but the scroll outsmarted me.

You put a skull-capped vultite battle axe in your forest green backpack.
>get breast
You remove a zelnorn augmented breastplate from in your forest green backpack.
>write new Please enchant breastplate to +13/12
Your scroll was meant to alter your vultite battle axe. It needs to be in your left hand when you write a new request.
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/02/2018 10:59 PM CST
Well hmmm... we just aren't trying hard enough yet!

I think when you BUY something from a player shop it allows you to hold it even if you technically cannot.

So...
1) work with a shop owner to list your item for sale (for even 1 silver).
2) Make sure you have a note for MORE than the purchase amount in your right hand.
3) BUY your item from the playershop.
4) Put your note away.
4) Run to the lighthouse and get a scroll.
5) Run to your locker where you should be able to interact with the scroll and your item going forward.

If you want to try that out just shoot me an email and we'll come up with a day/time to test it (I have access to player shops in Icemule and FWI).

-- Robert

Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/03/2018 06:37 AM CST
Oh ya, that's interesting. Let's do try it. I'll get a hold of you next week when I have free time.
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/04/2018 08:56 PM CST
How do we set that up? Would I be able to log in three different accounts and use the PP's from that? Kind of do it all at one meeting?
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/08/2018 11:05 AM CST

Can you take it out in your locker and then leave it in your hand while you go get the scroll? Or does exiting the locker force it out of your hand?
Re: PP enchant items above my characters level and ability to hold 03/09/2018 03:39 PM CST
Can you take it out in your locker and then leave it in your hand while you go get the scroll? Or does exiting the locker force it out of your hand?

**It won't allow for that. Won't allow for WRITE NEW Please enchant the armor in the backpack etc...