Sadie Padding - Some Contoured Mottled Black Leathers 12/28/2017 11:37 AM CST
PCALC'ed a set of 4x Brigandine Armor from the Hunt for History - some contoured mottled black leathers - and it tells me "Surchage of 1200 for script without Combat Effectiveness defined (Dev has been notified). It will cost (Surcharges included) 4400 points to add heavy padding to some contoured mottled black leathers."

As far as I have ever been aware or been able to determine, the armor is not scripted in any way, though I believe it is Somewhat crit padded. I'm curious what could be causing the surcharge? 4400 points to pad 4x Armor seems excessive.

Avaia, player of
Re: Sadie Padding - Some Contoured Mottled Black Leathers 12/28/2017 12:38 PM CST
> a set of 4x Brigandine Armor from the Hunt for History - some contoured mottled black leathers <snip> As far as I have ever been aware or been able to determine, the armor is not scripted in any way ~AVAIA

The item has a fancy loresong. My question would be, are fancy loresongs are supposed to yield a script surcharge, or is this simply a limitation of PCALC not knowing to disregard that sort of thing?

Loresong: https://gswiki.play.net/Contoured_mottled_black_leathers
Re: Sadie Padding - Some Contoured Mottled Black Leathers 12/28/2017 12:42 PM CST

The part about it "notifying dev" was in the notes from NIR. If the script isn't known to Pcalc yet it'll estimate it as the worst case scenario (1200 pps for being complex) and sends a note to dev to review the script.
Re: Sadie Padding - Some Contoured Mottled Black Leathers 12/28/2017 12:54 PM CST
Yea that will be dropped and PCALC updated.

Sounds like fluff.
Re: Sadie Padding - Some Contoured Mottled Black Leathers 12/28/2017 01:12 PM CST
Soon after I posted I thought "Could it be the Loresong?"

Thanks for clarifying all that, folks. Hopefully it gets reviewed and the surcharge dropped. At 3200, I just might do it.

Avaia, player of
Re: Sadie Padding - Some Contoured Mottled Black Leathers 12/28/2017 01:54 PM CST
The fine folks above are correct. I've reviewed and updated this already to be recognized as fluff. If you PCALC them again you should see that surcharge dropped.

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Sadie Padding - Some Contoured Mottled Black Leathers 12/28/2017 01:59 PM CST
Much appreciated, Zissu. Now it is certainly worth considering.

thinkthinkthink....

Avaia, player of