Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 12/27/2017 01:49 PM CST
Hello Fellow Elanthians,

I've just released an update that allows Premium Point benefits to interact with the W/P/S changes. As before, Sadie reserves all final say in surchages and pricing when the service is being done.

Premium Point Padding
- Using Premium Points to add padding will function as it did before, and bring armor UP TO 150 services (10pts of Combat Effectiveness) of padding. Given that multiple types of padding can exist on the same item, you can now choose to split those 150 services across both Critical and Damage padding if you so choose.
- Pricing for padding has been updated to allow padding on flaring, TD Bonus, Offensive Bonus, etc. Adding Padding to a set of armor with any of these attributes has a surcharge of 1500 points.
- Due to enchanting of padding items being available, pricing for PP Padding will now always price armor below 4x enchant as if it were 4x. No changes to costs above 4x.
- All other surcharges for padding remains as it was before.

Premium Point Flaring
Flares added via Premium Points may now also be added to weighted or padded items that are 150 services or under. The surcharge is 20 PP per service of weighting, or 10 PP per service of padding. All other surcharges remain the same.

Scripted Items
PCALC will now include the surcharge for item scripts (if possible) and include that in the estimate given. If a script cannot be identified as fluff, combat simple, or combat complex yet it will default to assuming it is combat complex and will send a notification for us to review.

Premium 9 has been updated to reflect all of these changes as well.

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 12/27/2017 01:52 PM CST
So, one Sadie-Scroll worth of padding could be used for "10/heavy to either", OR "6/somewhat to both", by your first bullet point?
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 12/27/2017 01:57 PM CST
Correct.

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 12/27/2017 04:28 PM CST

Is there any room to make the 150 service limit for flares a bit more lenient? Maybe mid-way between 10 and 11? (So 165 services, instead of 150)

I'm sure a lot of us threw some partial weighting on some HCW items not realizing that there was a line we were crossing for services.
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 03/28/2018 10:46 AM CDT
question. If I have a set of armor with hcp(10 pts) does this mean I can now add 10 pts of damage padding to this armor with pp keeping the hcp?
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 03/28/2018 11:48 AM CDT
I believe Premium weighting can take you to a total of 10 points.
In the past, this would take you to precisely 10, of whichever type (damage, crit) you chose.
Along the way, if there was any lesser degree of padding, it would destroy that as it happened.

NOW, it may well be the case that we can request, for example, "5 points of damage & 5 points of crit".

But they will not go higher than 10.

What you described with an armor, 10 heavy crit and 10 heavy damage, is 20-point armor. Take a look at the scaling prices from Zissu's post back in August for comparative difficulty/value.
(10-point armor was costing 150 services; 20-point armor was costing 500 services.)
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 03/28/2018 12:56 PM CDT

As krakii said, pp padding will take you up to 150 services on the item so yours would need to gain more padding via the monthly merchants, dr, or festivals.
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 03/28/2018 01:19 PM CDT

I would like to see the premium point padding revised to take into account existing padding on the item.
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 03/28/2018 01:42 PM CDT
I doubt that there will be any substantial changes (translation: "nothing at all") in padding.

But if there were to be, I think the absolute best that you could hope for would be "adds 150 services". (Which is basically what it does now, getting you up to Heavy.)

So, the first one would get you to 150/10 points, like now.
+ The second one would get you to 300/15 points.
+ The third would take you to 450/18 points (with some partial to 19).
+ The fourth would take you to 600/21 points.
* I would anticipate a large surcharge, possibly increasing for each repeat-service.
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 04/30/2018 10:57 AM CDT
"- Using Premium Points to add padding will function as it did before, and bring armor UP TO 150 services (10pts of Combat Effectiveness) of padding. Given that multiple types of padding can exist on the same item, you can now choose to split those 150 services across both Critical and Damage padding if you so choose." -- Zissu, #2292

Must the amounts be kept equal? (So 75 services CP, 75 services DP, == 6 'points' each, with 5 services paid towards the 20 needed to arrive at 7 points.)
Because it would be a lot more economical to ask for 110 services/8 points of Crit, and 40 services/4 points of Damage...
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 05/14/2018 01:33 PM CDT
Wanted to bump my question back in #2349.
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Four%20Winds%20Hall%60Premium/Benefits/view/2349

Must the amounts of padding applied by PremiumPoints be split evenly between Crit & Damage, or can they be done by splitting the CER such that the services applied amount to the same?
(i.e. "Premium Padding used to be 10 points/10 CEP/'heavy'; this is now described as 150 services. Could a player get 110 services/8 CER for one [call it crit] and 40 services/4 CER for the other [call it damage]?")

Sure, it'll be a while before I have enough points saved up to do any padding again, but still. Nice to know. :)
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 05/14/2018 03:52 PM CDT
Yes, you can split those 150 services however you like. To clarify, premium point padding will take a piece of armor UP TO 150 services, but can not go past that amount.

ASGM
Re: Premium and PCALC updates for W/P/S 05/14/2018 04:06 PM CDT
Excellent answer; thanks!