Sadie question 09/15/2017 03:53 PM CDT

I've not used Sadie yet, but wanted to ask a question before I send something to her or ask a visiting MH merchant...

I've got a lovely belt-worn container, currently a "case", that is lightly scripted (open, close) and the script's owner requires that the container's "noun must remain backpack, pouch, satchel, sack, pack, bag, or case, subject to the "essence" rules in ALTER 14".

I want this to remain a box-shaped item, because of the pretty "latch" messaging it has. But I need it not to be called "case, chest, coffer, box, trunk, sack, satchel" because the parser aiming for treasure boxes and my instrument case, existing sack, pouch and satchel will drive me bonkers.

So, I'd like to call it a "caisson". French for "case". See http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/case

Would this be approved under ALTER 14? Just making sure before I waste anyone's time. :)

Thank you very much!
Elysia, who loves sorting her treasures
Re: Sadie question 09/15/2017 03:59 PM CDT
You are NOT permitted to store your cannons in that!
Re: Sadie question 09/15/2017 04:19 PM CDT

>>You are NOT permitted to store your cannons in that!

It's a container, not a wagon. Keep up. ;) I suppose I could collect... cannon balls and put those in it, though.
Re: Sadie question 09/21/2017 10:38 AM CDT
<So, I'd like to call it a "caisson". French for "case".

Usually, we steer clear of non-English words, but a few have slipped in over the years. I'll put this on the list for our QC team to look over and see if we can get an official decision on it. In the mean time, you can go ahead and submit your scroll if you'd like!

~~GM Kynlee~~
Elanthian Architect
Breaker of Things
GS4-Kynlee@play.net
3/50
Re: Sadie question 09/22/2017 09:06 AM CDT

>>Usually, we steer clear of non-English words, but a few have slipped in over the years. I'll put this on the list for our QC team to look over and see if we can get an official decision on it. In the mean time, you can go ahead and submit your scroll if you'd like!

Thanks Kynlee!

I'll wait for an official decision, rather than tie up anyone's time before then.

Elysia