When are we gonna get 1050?? 09/05/2018 01:56 PM CDT
Hey everyone, just wondering when/if bards (the most magical of the semi's) will get a 50th level spell?? Rangers and Paladins have them just wondering if there were any plans in the works for bards, or if our profession development has been mothballed permanently.

Archales
Re: When are we gonna get 1050?? 09/05/2018 03:16 PM CDT
Honestly, I'd be happier getting the lower-level things tweaked to be more in line with updated systems, than rolling out a big new [mana-expensive] WunderKind.

The ELR brought a formalization of "evoke" for single-target spells [became a mass-version] as well as implementation for mass spells [became a single-target version].

I would love for the mass versions of several spells to be usable against a single target [Lore or Song knowledge or MC unlock, like Disrupt or HoldSong work]. Looking at Depression especially, but I would like to get HoldSong back to "just a single target" if that happens to be what I'm aiming at.
And Noise. Single-target Noise--while still letting me-the-Bard do effective casting--would be fantastic.

And I would love for the other direction to work, especially Rage becoming a mass effect. Or VibChant. Or Unravel [hold me still while I shudder in ecstacy].

ELR also saw "RT-adders now give instant RT!" conferred on Slow and <whatever that Paladin spell is>... and left it right on the table for Depression (which gives adder, like those) & Rage (which gave actual RT). Despite both of those being higher level than either of the ones that did get the benefit. (And one of those, was a Spirit spell benefitting from the Elemental Lore Review.)

And of course, there's that whole "permit the 'renew' verb to actually trigger Runestaff flares," too.

Any one of those would be an immediate add to all Bards, particularly casters, with an emphasis on runestaff users.

And should be a hell of a lot easier than coughing up a whole new spell design.