100th Level Spell Concept 06/17/2017 02:20 PM CDT

I am introducing a topic in another folder about this, too. 100th level spells will be an awesome way to boost rewards and power for higher training levels. We peak at about 50 that way and the rest is refinement-- silly! These should already be an option.

Here is One

*Song of Troubadors*

The Bard hops on an illusionary horse and gains significant advantages to being in battle-- or on certain areas for conquering obstacles. If the Bard has a set of sonic armor with shield/weapon of air then these will become the same level as plate armor without any restrictions over Brigandine. The horse will be able to make random maneuver attacks, snort flares, offer a huge AS/DS benefit from the leverage and various advantages gained from the mounted status, also be able to assist in the burden of encumbrance tremendously by being able to store boxes on various articles of brightly colored garments affixed to the magical steed. The Troubador will always call the same steed which attuned to the Troubador and can be attuned to a deity. The Bard will be able to remain peaceful with the horse nearby when not in battle, feeding and watering (only magical potions or bread will do such as mana or liquid spell preps). The horse is not a familiar to be commandable the same as a pet or like a demon but will bear a load much like a disk and will follow the Bard around.

Re: 100th Level Spell Concept 06/17/2017 04:39 PM CDT
Don't disenfranchise the Two-Hand (and 2Hand Pole Arms, and Ranged) weapon users. (Don't recall if it was another of your suggestions, but I've seen several like that.)

But on a different note... what does riding gloriously into combat on a warhorse, have to do with being a Troubador?
(My way of saying, change the name for that effect, or use a different effect to keep that name. :)
Re: 100th Level Spell Concept 08/04/2017 03:52 PM CDT

Not trying to disenfranchise...what do you mean? The spell could definitely have features for all weapon groups to have advantages. I imagine Lances would be the most obviously useful.

'Troubadoor' is funny, the only reason equated horses is the movie "The Grifters" where the horse character is named that. It's a racing modern day thing...

How about "EQUERRY"