Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 12/30/2016 06:53 PM CST
Estild and DEV team,

I was having a conversation with a Bard friend, and an issue came up. Is there ANY way the Development GMs would consider allowing bards to be able to STOW their sonic weapons the way they can wear their sonic shields for 60 seconds? I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but for climb checks, this is a huge hindrance to bards to be able to wear their sonic shields but not stow their sonic weapons. Even if 30 seconds, this would be a huge quality of life improvement for Bards to be able to psss climb/swim checks. Can anyone in red give a yes or no to this idea?
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 12/31/2016 12:14 AM CST
This would be huge. I'm a warrior first, so my poor bard has lost so many sonic weapons because of my instinct to type "sheathe". I think I've lost it a couple times not realizing that certain verbs would make it go away too (I think wave and point, maybe?).

Something to add stability to sonics would be great.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 12/31/2016 02:09 PM CST

I had always pictured being able to just toss your weapon up in the air, climb or loot or whatever you were going to do, then your weapon returns to your hand. Stowing is so boring.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 12/31/2016 10:50 PM CST
Perhaps when the Bard gains mastery of controlling poofy little weapons that hover in the air--i.e. upon learning Dancing Weapon/1025--they become capable of having their poofy little weapon in-hand be OUT of their hand for a little while. Maybe "put my lance" causes it to hover next to you for a little while, NOT in your hand... but still considered part of your inventory (technically, pin-worn?) so you can then "get my lance" and have it come back to your hand.

Because you are just THAT GOOD with controlling oddly-shaped chunks of floating air....
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/01/2017 09:51 AM CST

How about "Dance My Lance", with messaging describing scenes of the Master Librarian practicing with King Arthur's Sword from the show "The Librarian"?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/02/2017 12:01 AM CST
Done. You can also just DROP it. You can only do this for up to 60 seconds or until a song renewal triggers (same with sonic shields). :)

GameMaster Estild
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/02/2017 12:36 AM CST
Thanks very much for this. It is very helpful.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/02/2017 12:35 PM CST

Aweseome, Estild! Many thanks for this!!
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/02/2017 03:06 PM CST
Wow Estild! That was AMAZING!

Thank you very much.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/02/2017 04:51 PM CST

Woohoo! Thanks for the speedy turnaround Estlid. Greatly appreciated!

-Kelly/Naamit
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/02/2017 06:55 PM CST
This is awesome. Thanks for paying attention here and fixing this little quality of life things that have been around for ages! It makes a huge difference.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/03/2017 04:12 AM CST

Thanks! Functionality and flair.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/04/2017 05:30 PM CST
I even walked away from my runestaff floating in mid-air (had a physical one in-hand) and when I came back around the circle, there it still was. I thought it was neat.

So I agree: good job, a good QoL add!

Any chance of having armor done the same way?
("renew 1014 off" and your AsG19 half plate [seriously, what Bard would cover their head & neck?!?] is left floating over there in mid-air, until you "renew 1014 on" OR "renew 1014 15" and the plate [OR augmented chain, in the second case] re-forms around you...)

Sure would help with some mid-field Minor Elemental casting.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/04/2017 05:36 PM CST
KRAKII
Any chance of having armor done the same way?
("renew 1014 off" and your AsG19 half plate [seriously, what Bard would cover their head & neck?!?] is left floating over there in mid-air, until you "renew 1014 on" OR "renew 1014 15" and the plate [OR augmented chain, in the second case] re-forms around you...)
Sure would help with some mid-field Minor Elemental casting.

No, due to the very reason you state. If you want to wear heavier armor, you have to pay the price.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/04/2017 06:02 PM CST
Honestly, the only thing that stance prevents is the "saving of 10 mana".

"stop 1014"

<do Minor Elemental stuff>

"prep 1014/cast 15" (or 19, depending on my example)

There is castRT for both the cast and the renewal from my example.

The Bard is at hazard--being in nekkid skin, rather than manly armor--under either path.

No Armor (for minor casting) == No Armor (for minor casting), so no chance of hindrance either way.

If a Bard wants to be casting nekkid, he can probably afford the 10 mana to re-sing the armor.

I just wanted to have a bunch of Sonic Equipment littering the area. :)

And on a COMPLETELY separate note...

Can Sonic Armor/1014 be updated to permit a specification after it, for 'incant'?
(i.e. "incant sonicarmor 15" generates AsG15/augmented chain)

More to the point, can the feedback messaging upon actually issuing the above command be changed to be more accurate?
"No valid armor type was specified." is misleading, since I gave a perfectly valid AsG number, which is recognized quite well upon the 'prep sonicarmor/cast ##" usage, thank you very much.

Basically, I want single-line casting (using incant, or evoke, or any of the other verbs we've piled into the mix nowadays) with Songs, too.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/07/2017 08:44 PM CST
Hi Estlid, just a heads-up -- LOOKing at a sonic weapon while it's dropped will cause it to vanish. Guessing that wasn't intentional.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/07/2017 10:24 PM CST
From what I understand about bard spells, looking at the sonic weapon probably collapses the quantum wave function.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/08/2017 05:41 AM CST
>Hi Estlid, just a heads-up -- LOOKing at a sonic weapon while it's dropped will cause it to vanish. Guessing that wasn't intentional.

You weren't dead? They probably need to crumble.
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/09/2017 12:01 PM CST
NAAMIT
Hi Estlid, just a heads-up -- LOOKing at a sonic weapon while it's dropped will cause it to vanish. Guessing that wasn't intentional.

This should now be resolved. Thanks for reporting it.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/10/2017 07:35 AM CST

Thank you sir!
Re: Estild, et. al., a request for Sonic Weapons 01/14/2017 02:19 PM CST

Could we get sonic bows?