Guild Skill Idea(s) 02/23/2012 08:29 AM CST
This was just a random thought I had and, not playing a bard myself, I can't honestly be sure it'd be as useful as I think it could be but I'll let you all be the judge of that:

Silent Peformance - This skill allows the bard to continue their song meddley under conditions which would normally prevent it.

I'm not sure how the rank breakdowns would work but I was thinking something along the lines of being able to renew (manually or automatically) while stunned, webbed, silenced, etc. Possibly being able to perform a new spellsong at very high ranks under some of these conditions.

Like I said I don't play a bard so I'm not sure how useful this would be to you all. If it's a bad idea say so, I won't be offended. =)

Keith/Brinret

Five Jewish men who influenced the history of Wester Civilization:
Moses said the law is everything.
Jesus said love is everything.
Marx said capital is everything.
Freud said sex is everything.
Einstein said everything is relative.
Re: Guild Skill Idea(s) 02/25/2012 08:26 PM CST
I think it's too potent. I like the idea, yes. As far as implementation, zero chances. Here's why:
1) Bard Guild not slated for development.
2) The reason a bard is permitted to sing a weapon that is 7x with double air flares, a shield and armor that is 7x (given time) is because we take the constant chance of losing it during the exact events you are avoiding.
3) I'd settle for being able to renew in silenced rooms, be it merchant shop/GM silenced or otherwise due to some environmental thing. Being able to renew through status effects would be quite strong indeed.

So, nice idea but really no chance of happening. It's just too overpowered when compared to anything other than maybe some of the square's guild skills. We need to think more on par with pure guild skill, tedium without serious benefit or only minor benefit. At least, I believe in being real about my requests.

~Galenok
Re: Guild Skill Idea(s) 03/29/2012 08:42 PM CDT
How about a silent renewal instead of a silent playing.. you renew and it doesn't show you doing so to anyone else. That might prevent being pulled from hiding, too.