Finding Scripts 05/01/2011 11:38 PM CDT
I thought I've used scripts in Avalon before, but now I don't remember abut them. I know my preferences is set to the default of using a dot to indicate using a script; but I don't know where to put them or what file extension to use. I don't have a directory under Library/Preferences/Simutronics which I saw above. I do have a directory in Documents/Simutronics/Scripts/GS, but there aren't any examples there. Can I put a script there? And what would I call it? I found the Scripting Help file with the installation files to help with the language, but not with this sort of thing.

G
Re: Finding Scripts 05/03/2011 08:33 AM CDT
Is anyone running scripts using Avalon? I don't know where to get started.

G
Re: Finding Scripts 05/03/2011 11:04 AM CDT
Hey there, G.

I thought the scripting help file covered this stuff, but here it is.

You will want to place script files in ~/Documents/Simutronics/Scripts -- do NOT place the scripts in the various sub-directories as Avalon does not actually look into those directories for scripts (yet?)

You will want to name your scripts in the form of name.cmd, and the files should be plain text files. The "name" portion of the script file name will be what you type after your script command character in the command line. (e.g. If you name the script skin.cmd and if your script command character is ".", you would type .skin to run that particular script.)

Also, remember that Avalon 4.1.5 does not support scripts. Only the beta version (which I believe is 4.2.2) does.

--
Naos

I'm immune to fire! Now with more banhammer! You sense the bond between you and your grey cat grow stronger.
Re: Finding Scripts 05/03/2011 07:48 PM CDT
Got it, thanks. I'm happily running a script now and starting to work on syntax and working out what I want to do. I looked again through the Avalon Script Help document and didn't find the information you gave me. Plenty of information on command syntax though which is what I need now.

Thanks again

G