Avalon 4.3.4 08/26/2016 01:09 PM CDT
Hi everybody,

There's a new version of Avalon available at the usual spot:

https://www.play.net/gs4/play/avalon-info.asp

The fixes in this version include:

* UI fixes for the checkboxes for transparency and 'entire line' on the highlights
* Fixes to the variable replacement in scripts
* A new script command, waitrt, which will make your script wait until gets some RT information from the game (the data that makes the timer go). You might need to use this when you do something that causes round time, and want to wait for that roundtime to be up - first use a waitrt, and then if you follow that with a wait it'll end up pausing until you're out of roundtime.
* When a script sends a command to the game, you'll see it in the game window now, prefixed by s>

Sounds are working for me - I used .wav files, and the full name of the file including the extension when I added it.

I also added some notes to the wiki page for Avalon, mostly about the script engine commands: https://gswiki.play.net/Avalon

Ixix
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/26/2016 02:43 PM CDT
>Sounds are working for me - I used .wav files, and the full name of the file including the extension when I added it.

If the issue was with midis, it's worth noting that newer versions of OS X (macOS, ugh) no longer comes with support for midi files by default. Might be the issue.
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/27/2016 08:45 PM CDT
Thank you
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/28/2016 12:14 AM CDT
Okay, I am having a very weird problem with the new version.

>When a script sends a command to the game, you'll see it in the game window now, prefixed by s>

This works for one of my characters. It does not work for any of the others I have tried.

Same applies to echoes. They work for that same character, but not for any others.

I must have something set differently for that character, but I have gone over and over the settings and they are all the same. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/28/2016 08:40 AM CDT
Ergh that's a weird one. Does it actually send the command for the character in question, and you're just not seeing the s> {command} bit? Does that character have any squelches that might be matching by chance, possibly with the 'entire line' option on?

Ixix
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/28/2016 09:49 AM CDT
>* When a script sends a command to the game, you'll see it in the game window now, prefixed by s>

Also, this is the same status prompt as for sitting. I doubt it will cause confusion, but it might be worth adjusting all the same to be either script> or simply have the script name there.
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/28/2016 09:55 AM CDT
Also, this should be embarrassing for any company, let alone one that's been established for over two decades and is charging monthly subscription fees.

http://i.imgur.com/gqif5LZ.png

I know it's not your fault, Ixix. Either someone on-site should be signing these apps, or they should add you to the Simutronics organization account. Which already exists! https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/simutronics-corp/id433016938
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/28/2016 06:21 PM CDT
>Ergh that's a weird one. Does it actually send the command for the character in question, and you're just not seeing the s> {command} bit? Does that character have any squelches that might be matching by chance, possibly with the 'entire line' option on?

Yes, it sends the commands. The scripts generally work, but I do not see the input except with that one character.

And I do not think it is about squelches. I have tried about five or six different characters, and none of them can see echoes or script commands except that one. And I have no universal squelches (I have very few squelches at all), so I do not think that is the issue.

Here is what the character it does work with when I enter my reference (.ref) script:

>.ref
* Script "ref" started...
**** Reference Directory **

To access any menu item from the list below, type ".ref <menu item>". For example, to access
armor information, type ".ref armor". Use the same format to access any item from a sub-menu
unless other instructions are given.

* alchemy: Various bits of information on alchemy and related items
* armor: Armor Information
* combat: Information on Combat Skills and Mechanics
* create: crafting processes for various systems
* days: Day and Month Translation
* gods: Gods and Goddesses of Elanthia
* healing: Herbs and Potions from Around Elanthia
* magic: Spells, Wands, CS calculation, Lores, spell guides
* material: Armor and weapon material values
* other: A collection of miscellaneous information that did not fit elsewhere
* pick: Locksmithing information
* puzzle: Game Puzzles and Secrets
* race: Culture Info, Racial Modifiers, and Other Mechanical Information
* society: Information on the various GSIV societies
* train: Information on training points and skill costs

Here is what happens with all of my other characters--just a couple of asterisks:

>.ref

>

Again, as for the s> prompt, for all but that one character the commands are entering because the script runs but they are not visible.

Very weird.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/28/2016 06:28 PM CDT
OK, I just figured out half of it. The echo problem was indeed in the squelches, though how it was happening still does not make sense to me. But I found it anyway.

Still and not getting script commands to show, but I will keep working on that now that I figured out the echoes.

--David

Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/28/2016 07:03 PM CDT
After more testing, it seems that I am getting the s> display and can see the script command on "put" commands but not on movements. And it is now happening that way with all of my characters, though I swear I was seeing movement commands with the one character last night.

And ideas, anyone?

--David

Re: Avalon 4.3.4 08/28/2016 07:58 PM CDT
Yup I missed having it output the s> on move commands. So that one's on me. I'll probably wait a couple of days to see how things shake out and then we'll see if I just patch 4.3.4 or if that goes into a 4.3.5.

Ixix
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 06/11/2017 09:58 PM CDT
>Yup I missed having it output the s> on move commands. So that one's on me. I'll probably wait a couple of days to see how things shake out and then we'll see if I just patch 4.3.4 or if that goes into a 4.3.5.--Ixix

Hi Ixix. Any news on when the new version will come out? Still waiting for all of the >s commands to work.

Thanks.

--David

Re: Avalon 4.3.4 06/13/2017 08:44 AM CDT
Blugh, sorry, life has been busy. I'll see if I can just get the last half-done stuff all-done and get this out soon.

Ixix
Re: Avalon 4.3.4 06/13/2017 01:40 PM CDT
Thanks, Ixix. I'm sure we all understand about life being busy. :) Thanks for your work on this.

--David