Avalon 4.1.5 11/24/2015 03:45 PM CST
So, does anyone want to cough up how to fix the Avalon 4.1.5 login for F2P?

- Metadi
Speaking to Hadya, you scold, "Ye Luukosians and your altared realities."
Re: Avalon 4.1.5 11/24/2015 04:08 PM CST
I'll see what I can dig up this weekend. Sorry - not near my Mac right now (feeling twitchy, too, truth to tell).

Doug
Re: Avalon 4.1.5 11/25/2015 10:26 AM CST
Appreciated!

- Metadi
Speaking to Hadya, you scold, "Ye Luukosians and your altared realities."
Re: Avalon 4.1.5 11/26/2015 05:55 PM CST
Ok, here's what I know, and what I've done.

There isn't an entry to edit (plist fashion) to allow 4.1.5 to connect up a F2P character. The reason is because the plists point at a game (GS Prime, GS Plat, GS Shattered). The functionality required to get a F2P character in game is embedded in code. The game is GS Prime, and after that's selected, for F2P accounts a code is sent by the FE to the server asking for the F2P character. In 4.1.5 that code isn't specified, so you get an 'error - no account' type window.

I've confirmed 4.1.5 and YASSE functionality, and the fact that 4.3.2 doesn't load the YASSE plugin. I've done some checking and see IXIX had posted about this problem in the past. I have a private note into IXIX asking for a couple of details, but I don't expect to see anything today.

I also sent you a private note asking a couple of details - you're welcome to respond there or here, but I wanted you to have the choice in responding privately.

I'll keep working this - but there's not an immediate edit / move this file into this location fix available that I see just yet.

Doug
Re: Avalon 4.1.5 11/30/2015 12:59 PM CST
Yup - only version 4.3.2 of Avalon can recognize a F2P account. I'd have to add the code to recognize that to the older version of Avalon, but then it can't be compiled without updating a bunch of other stuff to work with the current frameworks and XCode stuff - and if you do that, you get version 4.3.2.

As for YASSE - I'll happily offer advice for anybody who wants to try to get that working, but me supporting that isn't realistic with my other, higher priority responsibilities. To be quite honest - if the built in script engine isn't able to do what you need, I'd recommend lich. It's powerful, well supported, there's a community of people that can help with getting it running and scripting.

Ixix