Avalon and Stormfront 01/10/2012 01:23 AM CST

Hello,
I play gs on my pc and my Mac. Adjusting back to avalon after using Stormfront makes me just sad. Any suggestions on how I can make Avalon easier to work with?

Thanks.
Re: Avalon and Stormfront 01/10/2012 03:16 AM CST
Can you explain more what you find difficult to work with in Avalon? I've used both and I find Stormfront much more cumbersome. We don't all perceive things the same way. If you tell us exactly what problems you are having maybe we can offer some suggestions.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Avalon and Stormfront 01/11/2012 09:34 PM CST

Hi David,

Thank you for your response. I have a few concerns regarding Avalon, but mainly:
*I have three accounts, two of which are premium. I can't seem to have more than one account logged in through Avalon. Any assistance in solving this problem would be more than appreciated.
*As implied above, I play a variety of characters. Highlighting specific items that would be links in Stormfront, such as doors/openings, can be rather tedious. I feel like I am still missing information, even if I read the room description in its entirety.

Any possible solutions or tips will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jessa
Re: Avalon and Stormfront 01/12/2012 12:08 AM CST
The first one is easy. You just make a copy of Avalon. Highlight Avalon on your desktop and then choose "duplicate" from the file menu. Make as many copies as you want and rename them--mine are just Avalon One, Avalon Two, and Avalon Three. Since they have different names, you can open them separately and log on to different accounts with them. I have three accounts going regularly.

The second question is harder. I have not found that the universal highlights in Avalon work that well. I've never thought about it that much, because it has never been an issue for me. You could try the universal highlights, but you may have to go through and enter the highlights you want for each character. On the plus side, you would only have to do it once for each. Tedious, yes, but not life-altering.

Sorry I don't have a better thought on the second issue. Maybe someone else will. But the first one is very solvable.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Avalon and Stormfront 01/12/2012 06:27 PM CST

Fantastic David! That solution is so easy I feel sheepish! I can't live without the universal highlights, I suppose. Thank you for the advice!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank!!!

Jessa
Re: Avalon and Stormfront 01/12/2012 06:27 PM CST

Fantastic David! That solution is so easy I feel sheepish! I can't live without the universal highlights, I suppose. Thank you for the advice!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank!!!

Jessa
Re: Avalon and Stormfront 01/16/2012 12:02 AM CST
Happy to help, Jessa. If you are using YASSE as your scripting engine with Avalon, I have plenty of scripts I'd be happy to send you.

--David