Katana 03/23/2008 05:56 AM CDT
I was hoping to join the Order of the Wandering Eye, wow, all I have to do is find a wandering woman? Questions however, are katana now only two-handed weapons? In my own years of training I believe they are one-or-two handed, as befits a bastard sword, but most are one handed. I can swing a carrot with two hands! Anyway just wondering if this quest is still available. I'd gladly become a monk.

Zoxos
Re: Katana 03/23/2008 08:02 AM CDT
<<I was hoping to join the Order of the Wandering Eye, wow, all I have to do is find a wandering woman? Questions however, are katana now only two-handed weapons? In my own years of training I believe they are one-or-two handed, as befits a bastard sword, but most are one handed. I can swing a carrot with two hands! Anyway just wondering if this quest is still available. I'd gladly become a monk.>>

A katana may be used two-handed or one-handed. If used two-handed, you only need to train in two-handed weapons. If used one-handed, you need to train in both edged and two-handed weapons to be proficient. If you use the katana one-handed with another weapon, you will suffer a -10 penalty to your AS, but it is still a very viable path. My Erithi pairs her katana with a wakizashi, or fights just with the katana alone, and does quite well.

The quest is certainly still available, but it's only to obtain the katana, not to join the Order of the Watchful Eye. The Watchful Eye is an Erithian monastic order of warriors dedicated to protecting the Erithian people through use and study of the katana. As far as I know, there are no official in-game mechanics that directly ties into the Watchful Eye, though there is a player-run group called the Order of the Western Eye that, in part, was founded as an off-shoot of the Watchful Eye.

The Western Eye is still semi-active, and we're looking to become more active in the near future as time allows for our members. If you're interested in the Western Eye, most of the members and officers are based out of Solhaven, so feel free to stop by and look us up.

Gretchen

Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia