Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 09/30/2004 08:45 PM CDT
Is there any way to tell when Sabizki is gonna run out of supplies? Been asking for 2 days straight now and no luck. Is there an easier way to get access to his shop? Only way i can think of to get access is to camp out in his hut 24/7 for 2 weeks and constantly asking him about supplies. Would be great if there was a timer or something to let you know when to come back instead of "Check back later". That way a person would not have to AFK script just to get access. If it's true that people can control the access to his wares then it might take forever to get a vultite katana.
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 09/30/2004 08:59 PM CDT
At the moment, he "runs out of supplies" when someone who has an order in picks it up. Granted, that person can then turn around and make another order right away and if no one else is there there is nothing to stop them.

In otherwords, yes, camp there's 24/7 running an "ask sabizki" script. Their current system is really bad and leaves you little other choice except to rely on the generosity of those who got in ahead of you.

What they really need is a system that doesn't care if the person has picked up an order. Instead, have it set to free up a slot based on the production time of what was ordered randomized 10% or so. Would make it a MUCH fairer for all system instead of the "haves getting more" system they have now.

Aduro Terrarum - Mage Priest of Cingh
Volaticus Tamamushi - Winged Warrior of Honor
Asmodea Drey'Haus - Annoying Pain in the Arse
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 09/30/2004 09:30 PM CDT
If the system only changed to completion time instead of pickup there will still be people camping out cause only the people who placed the order will know when the project is done. I think if sabizki told you when his next project will be completed it would help too. That way instead of spending days camping out you would only have to wait a couple hours for a chance to get something made. Maybe this issue will be addressed if alot of people sit in the hut and script just to bog down the game kind if like when there is a big raffle.
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/01/2004 02:40 PM CDT
>If the system only changed to completion time instead of pickup there will still be people camping out cause only the people who placed the order will know when the project is done.

Hence the comment about a randomized 10% off base. It's ~600 hours for a vultite katana to be finished. 10% means he might open a new spot anywhere from 540-660 hours after the order is placed. Less variance with items that have a shorter forge time.

Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/06/2004 10:14 PM CDT
>At the moment, he "runs out of supplies" when someone who has an order in picks it up. Granted, that person can then turn around and make another order right away and if no one else is there there is nothing to stop them.

As of this evening, Sabizki will not enter into negotiations with someone who has purchased a weapon there in the past day or two. So it is no longer possible to place a new order right after picking one up.

Mitra
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 11:15 AM CDT
This should make a lot of folks happy.

Rail

Ik q*'*ap goort pra ik gno*'*ap goort k*'*pla?
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 02:28 PM CDT
>As of this evening, Sabizki will not enter into negotiations with someone who has purchased a weapon there in the past day or two. So it is no longer possible to place a new order right after picking one up.

Still be able to do it with a second character I'm betting, be it MA, sign one off other on, or just a friend helping you... I'm not shooting down the effort, I appreate you see the problem and are trying to fix it. I still think it would be better to have a more randomized "new slot opening" time rather than have it based on weapon pick-up.

Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 03:16 PM CDT
It should be 1 order per account, with exception to accounts that are on their 30 day trial, and you should be able to order it whenever you want. The forging time could still stay at 2 weeks. Now this means if people want more katanas, they will have to buy more accounts if they don't have multiple accounts already. This set up would not only benefit players, but its also would bring in simutronics more money. And they are a business, and the objective of a business is to make money.
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 03:53 PM CDT
That would be utterly bad for the game. And defeat the whole purpose of the merchant. The point is to give character in gemstone a chance of owning an enchanted katana. Sure it may take a while, and a bit of coing but they now can. They don't have to get lucky at a raffle or have obscene amounts of coin for an auction.

Not to mention the katana quest isn't even limited to one per account. And really it would solve nothing. Person starts up a new account, gives that character the silver, buys there katana, waits the time to pick it up. Give katana to their main and then cancel.

~Jeff
~Aim: Hakwea
"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him." --Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine, AFC 54
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 05:21 PM CDT
Thats why I said accounts in the 30 day free trial period would be excluded. Meaning simu would get their 15 bucks from them. As it stands right now, it will be more than a year to get a katana. Thats a little bit more than just "coning down". You can even bump up the minimum requirement to get a katana, perhaps one would have to be able to hold what they order, a vultite katana for example, they would have to be level 20. So this would encourage people to play more to get to their level in order to get the katana they want. And of course in return, simu is getting paid, and the katanas are givin out at a more reasonable rate. The purpose of the merchant is to distribute the katanas at a slow rate, I understand that, but the rate at which it is set, it literally non moving. A change in this manner would infact be utterly good for the game for both players and simutronics.
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 06:44 PM CDT
You can hold vultite at 10. You don't have to wait to level 20.

And the rate at which katanas are going out is pretty fast. Its not unmoving. Its a 6-7 day wait on how long it takes. That is pretty fast. Though only problem with that is that its not only a katana merchant, so not every might get katana's from it they might get a tanto or no-dachi or something.

~Jeff
"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him." --Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine, AFC 54
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 07:08 PM CDT
Typo there, yeah, level 10, but if lets say 1 katana is givin out every 7 days, thats roughly 52 katanas per year. Now lets say gemstone has 10,000 players. That would take about 192 years for everyone to get a katana. Do you consider this a moderate rate? I call it almost non-moving.
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 07:16 PM CDT
And how many of that 10,000 players of gemstone are two handed weapon users or two handed weapon and one handed weapon users. I say probaly onl 1/3 of that number.

Then how many actually want katanas? They aren't that great. Many still prefer other weapons.

The goal isn't to flood the world with katana's so everyone has them. The goal is to allow a certain amount to go out per year, so people can have a chance to use them. In a years time I doubt sabizki will still be sold out almost constantly.

The goal to fix this percieved problem is not to limit it to one per account, but to simply up the amount of orders. It would be a poor business decision to only make it so to get more then one per account you have to pay them for a whole account. No body accept the multi accounters will take advantage of that.

It will be a minimal gain of silvers, plus there storage and everything increases. Plus the fact of encouraging multi accounting. Simu will never make a choice like that, as it will lower the game not increase it. The goal of a business isn't simply to make money. Its to provide a service to your customers while also making a profit.

As with no one to buy your product, you won't make money.

The katana system is fine how it is, because it still keeps enchanted katana's rare but not out of reach of those who really want them. And if someone really really wants a katana, do the katana quest.

You don't need an enchanted one.

~Jeff
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 09:23 PM CDT
It's not 1 katana every 6 days, because more than one person can have an order in at a time. I know at least two can, I could guess it's somewhere around 5, I would say no higher than 10, but I don't think any GMs commented on just how many.

Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/07/2004 09:27 PM CDT
>You don't need an enchanted one.

Unless you feel like hunting some golems, gargoyles, cyclopes, etc. Of course you could use another weapon, but some people feel the need to RP a katana only character.

- Chris says, "Damnit."

I guess it was pretty funny, I like the pranks where nothing starts on fire.
Yeah...nothing was hurt except feelings.
Re: Will Sabizki ever run out of supplies? 10/08/2004 06:27 AM CDT
That would work... if breakage weren't coming.

-Conan