Crit weighting 09/28/2004 11:57 PM CDT
Do we know yet if Sabiziki's katanas are crit weighted the same as the KQ ones?
Re: Crit weighting 09/29/2004 12:26 AM CDT
They are the same as all nwe style (non converted) katana's. so katana's come with heavy crit weighting, so yes the katana's have heavy crit weighting.

~Jeff
~Aim: Hakwea
"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him." --Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine, AFC 54
Re: Crit weighting 09/30/2004 11:27 AM CDT
>>Elnath, wasn't this something that was supposed to be fixed when we moved to GS4? --Kinshack's
player

It isn't to do with fixing. When I asked during one of the Simucon radio shows.. I think it was Warden who replied? That GMs do have the means to get around it so scripted items are assessable. They just don't. Damnably stupid if you ask me.

~Wulfhen

Morgause asks, "Surely you can mock Mekthros any time?"
Laleena says, "Oh, yes, but I've gotten so fond of doin' it, now I need props."
Laleena says, "That didn't exactly sound like somethin' I should have said aloud."
Re: Crit weighting 09/30/2004 02:51 PM CDT
It isn't to do with fixing. When I asked during one of the Simucon radio shows.. I think it was Warden who replied? That GMs do have the means to get around it so scripted items are assessable. They just don't. Damnably stupid if you ask me.

~Wulfhen <--

I think the reason its not desirable to do that Wulfhen, is because its sort of a short cut for them with the item. Which is never a good thing. Sounds like they might need to do some sort of re-write of the items code, because their isn't enough fields for what they're trying to do with items at times. ie: the script code goes in the place where the assess info normally goes or something of that nature. Mind you, I'm just guessing based on various little tidbits dropped by gms at various times about item fields/info etc. I could be totally wrong. ::grin::

Though I do bet what Warden was speaking about is some sort of short cut which is never good. Maybe Elnath or someone can clear this up a bit, as long as its not violating anything NDA wise.

Jim
Re: Crit weighting 09/30/2004 03:47 PM CDT
I was under the impression that part of the new GS4 motor was to allow the ability to expand item database fields and thus adding more flexability. Is this not the case?

Vrannar,

Acting Officer of the Golden Hawks.
Re: Crit weighting 09/30/2004 04:28 PM CDT
IOI: 4

>>I think the reason its not desirable to do that Wulfhen, is because its sort of a short cut for them with the item. Which is never a good thing. Sounds like they might need to do some sort of re-write of the items code, because their isn't enough fields for what they're trying to do with items at times. ie: the script code goes in the place where the assess info normally goes or something of that nature.

>I was under the impression that part of the new GS4 motor was to allow the ability to expand item database fields and thus adding more flexability. Is this not the case?

Actually, it doesn't have to do with not having enough fields or anything. The basic "problem" is that a script is allowed to do almost anything with an item, without using the standard mechanisms (after all, that's the whole point of making a scripted item: to do something that you can't do with the standard stuff). Thus, when ASSESS encounters a scripted weapon, it decides to err on the side of caution and not show anything unless the script specifically says it's okay.

Basically, the creator of ASSESS decided (rightly, I believe) that in the case of a script that doesn't provide ASSESS with any specific information, it's better to not show anything than show something that might be incorrect.

As to why some scripts aren't set up to show on ASSESS, I'd imagine some of them outdate ASSESS and others just weren't built properly (for which there could be any number of reasons). If you have one that doesn't, you should probably BUGITEM it (or click on it and select "submit bug report" from the menu, if you're using StormFront).

- Ildran
Re: Crit weighting 09/30/2004 05:57 PM CDT
>>Basically, the creator of ASSESS decided (rightly, I believe) that in the case of a script that doesn't provide ASSESS with any specific information, it's better to not show anything than show something that might be incorrect. ~ Elnath

Thanks for taking the time to explain Elnath, but question.. why don't most merchants let the item be able to be assessed if they can toggle it then? For example, several items sold off the shelf at the Dhu were both scripted and padded. It would be great to be actually able to assess them. But no... there literally isn't any realistic way to find weighting/padding due to the sheer randomization of things these days. Let warriors use their ability! Sheesh. That almost sounded like I was whining.. but still. Yeah..

~Wulfhen

Laleena says, "That didn't exactly sound like somethin' I should have said aloud."
Re: Crit weighting 09/30/2004 06:35 PM CDT
IOI: 4

>Thanks for taking the time to explain Elnath, but question.. why don't most merchants let the item be able to be assessed if they can toggle it then? For example, several items sold off the shelf at the Dhu were both scripted and padded. It would be great to be actually able to assess them.

Well, it was actually me that answered the question, so I'll answer this one too :) As I said in my previous post, you'd have to ask the person who wrote the script (which may be different than the person whose shop sold the armor). It's possible they did it on purpose for some reason, and also possible they just forgot. Submitting a BUGITEM on the armor in question (if they're all the same script, just one of them will do) should get it to the right person.

- Ildran
Re: Crit weighting 09/30/2004 06:43 PM CDT
Damn! Sorry Ildran. (rubs his eyes) I apologize for that one. You're much nicer than Elnath, I don't know how I ever got confused. (clears his throat, and keeps an eye out for a certain Mech) Righto. If I remember rightly.. it was Khaladon who sold the armour. At least I remember him posting about the merchant who sold the suits. But right now.. considering my previous confusement I'll just.. keep quiet and keep the BUGITEM idea in my mind for the next time I see it happen. Cheers.. Ildran! Second time right!

~Wulfhen

Re: Crit weighting 09/30/2004 08:40 PM CDT
If your talking about the torso only hinged armors, yeah, that was Khaladon. He kind of hinted at one point that they might be more than somewhat padded, but I do not recall the context of his statment, so I'm leaving it intentionaly vague.

Aduro Terrarum - Mage Priest of Cingh
Volaticus Tamamushi - Winged Warrior of Honor
Asmodea Drey'Haus - Annoying Pain in the Arse
Re: Crit weighting 10/01/2004 10:56 AM CDT
>You're much nicer than Elnath

Just made a modification to BCS, if (target=Wulfhen) then (critweighting=+60). I'd be careful out there, if I were you...
Re: Crit weighting 10/01/2004 11:21 AM CDT
Yay!

Rail

Ik q*'*ap goort pra ik gno*'*ap goort k*'*pla?
Re: Crit weighting 10/01/2004 11:42 AM CDT
>>Just made a modification to BCS, if (target=Wulfhen) then (critweighting=+60). I'd be careful out there, if I were you... ~ Elnath

You see what I mean Ildran? You're much nicer than Elnath.. As for you Elnath, thats only a slight jump from the weighted weapons the Illoke use anyway. So.. HAH. Well.. three times as much.

~Wulfhen

Re: Crit weighting 10/01/2004 11:50 AM CDT
<<Just made a modification to BCS, if (target=Wulfhen) then (critweighting=+60). I'd be careful out there, if I were you... ~ Elnath

<<You see what I mean Ildran? You're much nicer than Elnath.. As for you Elnath, thats only a slight jump from the weighted weapons the Illoke use anyway. So.. HAH. Well.. three times as much.

He didn't say anything about Illoke, he said BCS, have fun with Csestari and raving lunatics now...+60 critweighted kris' and scimitars all around!

-Dredroberts
It takes more than a big sword and some flashy tricks to be a good warrior.
Check out the new skinning guide!
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/gs4skinner
Re: Crit weighting 10/01/2004 12:22 PM CDT
>Just made a modification to BCS, if (target=Wulfhen) then (critweighting=+60). I'd be careful out there, if I were you...

heheheheh

Zilana
Board Moderator
GS4-Zilana@play.net
Re: Crit weighting 10/01/2004 12:29 PM CDT
>>He didn't say anything about Illoke, he said BCS, have fun with Csestari and raving lunatics now...+60 critweighted kris' and scimitars all around! -Dredroberts

(nudges Dred) I know mate, but I'm hunting Illoke at the moment. I'm sure Elnath will turn it off eventually. He isn't as nice as Ildran, but he isn't that bad. Or is he.. dum dum dum.. I really should stop posting. He might actually do something soon. (scratches his chin)

~Wulfhen

Re: Crit weighting 10/01/2004 03:07 PM CDT
Basically, the creator of ASSESS decided (rightly, I believe) that in the case of a script that doesn't provide ASSESS with any specific information, it's better to not show anything than show something that might be incorrect.

As to why some scripts aren't set up to show on ASSESS, I'd imagine some of them outdate ASSESS and others just weren't built properly (for which there could be any number of reasons). If you have one that doesn't, you should probably BUGITEM it (or click on it and select "submit bug report" from the menu, if you're using StormFront).

- Ildran <-

Good info, Ildran. Thanks for replying to the thread. I agree with you on the creator of the ASSESS verb going with the stance of being cautious on what the ASSESS provides.

Jim
Re: Crit weighting 10/01/2004 03:08 PM CDT
>You're much nicer than Elnath

Just made a modification to BCS, if (target=Wulfhen) then (critweighting=+60). I'd be careful out there, if I were you...

Elnath<<---

:::snicker::: I'll have to keep my mind open for those death messages.

Jim
Re: Crit weighting 10/02/2004 08:36 PM CDT
I recall when the swordhilter was giving out his services and I won, I asked about assess specifically, at the time it had not beeen accounted for, but because i asked they added it to the script before the event was over. Thanks!