Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 04:09 PM CDT
This issue really needs to be addressed. Now, I'm not camping out a character trying to get something, but i've checked in every couple of days and everytime there's Jaernal sitting there. For someone to sit for that long of a period of time and not get a slot (or response from whoever's in charge of this) is completely ridiculous. If GM's can't or won't change this for some reason then who do we need to contact to see about getting this situation looked at?

Winzaar
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 04:36 PM CDT
It takes six days for a vultite katana to be finished. With a moderatly safe assumption that that is what the majority of people will be ordering, that means most people's orders will not have been finished untill yesterday.

I know one person got something else, his order was finished earlyer in the week, and he immediatly ordered a second. The first item he got he is giving to someone else, but I still think the practice/situation of multiple back to back orders is wrong and needs to be prevented.

The big problem comes in in that apparently you can not place an order untill a previous order is picked up. I had generaly assumed it would be more a case of a previous order being finished. I finaly got in today when someone else picked up their vultite katana. Either that person timed their picked up down to the second of it's completion, or it is a case of the weapon auctaly needing to be picked up which I believe is more likly at this point.

Chances are a person who's been trying to get something hasn't been able to because those who were there first simply havn't been back yet. This is a quite bad design in my opinion.

Beninge example... Bob is sick, poweroutage, on vacation, whatever and can't play Gemstone to get his weapon picked up, so no one else is able to order untill he does.

Abusive example... Bob has an order in, he wants a second order in. He goes to the hut, other's are there waiting. He leaves and comes back when no one else is there so no one else could even stand a chance of beating him to ordering.

Don't think it will happen? Then you've not been playing the same game I have.

Wanting to slow the release of these weapons into the game is an understandable concept I can agrea with. I would however not make it dependant upon who else is getting one. Make the wait between ordering weapons flucuating time frame totaly independant upon how many orders have been places and for what, and limit orders to one a month per account/character. If you limit per character, make sure the character is able to hold the metal they are ordering.

Aduro Terrarun - Mage Priest of Cingh
Volaticus Tamamushi - Winged Warrior of Honor
Asmodea Drey'Haus - Annoying Pain in the Arse
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 05:23 PM CDT
I vote for lynching! No, seriously - the only thing that seperates me from sitting there waiting for a turn like Jaernal is the fact that I feel I probably have ZERO chance of getting through until someone sensible addresses this and FIXES it. I completely agree with Tsoran's earlier post. I remember bugs like this in the past and the GMs would swoop down on it so fast it would make your head spin. I can't even begin to fathom why something hasn't been done or at least said to reassure the PAYING public that all is well in the Land of good ethics.

signed,

the person who only wants one and yes, does have a use for it
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 06:30 PM CDT
This is the same complaint that has cropped up for everything else that has come out with limited resources. Examples: Stun manuevers in the rogue guild; There's only a certain number of footpads to train with, and tons of rogues wanted to train in the skill, plus those who were training in the other ones. More recently, truffles; people wrote scripts, grabbed them as they saw them, etc etc. Go out there now, I picked 30 in about 10 minutes.

Look at it this way; you didn't have a katana for X amount of time before now, so you're not losing anything. The merchant will be around forever, so there's no need to rush. People will get what they want, and move on. Yes it may take a few weeks, months, even years. It's not going anywhere.

Or, would you rather not have the option of buying a 0-4x heavily crit weighted katana off the shelf at all?

~Ratboy
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 07:24 PM CDT
[Xstealth (subdued)]: "selling a vultite katana, heavily crit weighted cb is 1.7 mil to nilud"

all I have to say....
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 08:09 PM CDT
A bloody shame... at least this merchant is going to make some money for a few people.

Speaking in Elven, the ghostly voice of Eirawyn exclaims, "That's it, the wedding's off!"
You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 08:18 PM CDT
>[Merchant (subdued)]: "selling a vultite katana, heavily crit weighted cb is 1.7 mil to customer"
>all I have to say....
>REHOD

Huh, all I have to say is, the customer is paying less for a 4x heavily crit weighted weapon than the going rate of a year ago. 1m silver also fell out of the market due to Merchant's special order. Anything that is in demand will be sold for a marked up price, it's a fact of economy. The customer can easily wait and pay 1m to get their own. An extra 700k to get it here and now doesn't seem out of line.

~Ratboy
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 08:30 PM CDT
>The customer can easily wait and pay 1m to get their own.

The way this particular merchant is currently set up, this is not really an option. One person can simply reorder once they've picked up thier current weapon, run back to the landing and sell immediately. You get 3 or 4 people or whatever of the order limit being imposed by this merchant is buying and reordering, you effectively have a katana monopoly, making a few rich through what I'm sure is a bug (at least I would have to believe so, there is no way it could have been designed like this).

Anyways, everyone is entitled to an opinion.. just a shame that this merchant was designed this way.

Speaking in Elven, the ghostly voice of Eirawyn exclaims, "That's it, the wedding's off!"
You gaze in wonder at your surroundings.
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 08:44 PM CDT
Hmmmm, that's the person who picked up the katana befor I got my order in. Wonder if he had attempted to do a second order or if the script I was running was too fast for him.

Aduro Terrarun - Mage Priest of Cingh
Volaticus Tamamushi - Winged Warrior of Honor
Asmodea Drey'Haus - Annoying Pain in the Arse
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 08:51 PM CDT
>I completely agree with Tsoran's earlier post.

There was once a group of people who decided to make hordes of money using what was a "Bug". It was actually working as coded, but it did violate the moral code and in the end they were all except 1 of them locked out perm.

Just because something works a certain way does not mean it's intended to funtion like that. I would not suggest continueing to pickup and reorder over and over.

Russ
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 10:54 PM CDT
I know for a fact someone has been selling the information of when he will pick up his item...

I don't even want a katana... I want a faenor wakashki however ye spell it so a wizard waiting on me can start enchanting...

urghhg
J

L and T's Import Consortium Now opened third spiral room in Solhaven and in Ta'Vaalor three west of the shop offices.

Katee's Kupboard has opened with a potpourri of items. Great for gifts. Now featuring special magical drinks!
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/04/2004 11:35 PM CDT
I can definitely understand the frustration that the situation described in this thread would cause. However, naming names, planning lynch mobs, and other such things would definitely be an "Emeradan's against this" tagline on these Forums. So, let's let those in charge of that particular area evaluate the issue and go from there, without all the other stuff.

Thanks.

~
Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
~
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/05/2004 02:20 PM CDT
If the GM in charge is trying to figure out a way to code this. I would suggest taking the code from the premium merchants that check to make sure of the 3 month rule, and just creating a singular instance for it with this merchant that checks against each character. You could change the time to 30 days instead of 3 months.

This wouldnt cut down on the MA's being able to get several, but it would slow down the abuse of the problem.

Russ, ever-helpful :)

Who is John Galt?
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/05/2004 07:50 PM CDT
Only problem with that proposed fix, if it was set from the time ordered the person could just wait for 30 days to pick up, now if its set from time it's picked up, it would work.

I personally would like to see him double his price each time you order a weapon of the same base. But this in itself could cause other problems, still would be nice if 1st katana cost 1m but the 5th one you got would cost 16m, it would definitly cut back on the mass ordering, just would take a few extra weeks for people greed to be quenched from money loss.

Sile Ravonwind
Re: Erithian Weaponsmith 09/05/2004 09:18 PM CDT
Just reuse the part of the katana quest code that only allows 1 katana per player character.