Prev_page Previous 1 3
ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 09:21 PM CDT
A dwarf trudges past, a look of wonder in his eyes. In his hands he bears a shining katana and he keeps rubbing a finger over the blade, then putting the digit to his mouth to suck at the new cut. His companion looks at him stupidly and says, "Where exactly did you get that thing again?" "Thing? I think not, this is truly a weapon of wonder. I was tracking game in Whistler's Pass when I came across a reclusive warrior and after speaking to him, and running a couple errands, he offered to forge me this wonderous weapon. Amazing!" He grunts and a tear forms in his eye.

An Erithian WeaponSmith has set up shop in Whistler's Pass. He may be inclined to work on Erithi weapons for you, but you need to do something for him first. Enjoy.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 10:01 PM CDT
Very neat. Though I'll admit seeing some of those metals up there surprised me like heck. (grins) Hell, even the choice of weapons as well. Good stuff.

~Wulfhen

Speaking to you, Laleena says, "Don't get into any trouble."
Mekthros says, "Oh, of course not. We're going to teach schoolchildren tonight."
Speaking to Mekthros, Laleena says, "Don't get him into any trouble."
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 10:16 PM CDT
Someone post the things he's got up for sale, please?
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 10:25 PM CDT
I'm a little miffed the costs aren't actually restrictive like they were said they were going to be. I'd be more than a little miffed if I was anyone that participated in that auction yesterday.

Tep
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 10:26 PM CDT
On the wall you see a magari-yari, a naginata, a kama, a no-dachi, a wakizashi, a katana, a tanto and a tetsubo.

On the large shelves you see some sheets of steel, some sheets of mithril, some sheets of faenor, some sheets of imflass, some sheets of mithglin, some sheets of vultite and some sheets of vaalorn.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 10:44 PM CDT
Where is Whistlers Pass?

Thuunder
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 10:48 PM CDT
I really hate to sound ungrateful, but... why isn't he selling sais?

T.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:04 PM CDT
>Where is Whistlers Pass?

Whistler's Pass is the rather long path through the mountains that gets you from Zul Logoth to Ta'Illistim.

--Tsoran
(Koldeen's shop is in the Solhaven spiral just past the third steps)
http://www.tsoran.com/
tsoran@tsoran.com
AIM: GSTsoran
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:07 PM CDT
>On the wall you see a magari-yari, a naginata, a kama, a no-dachi, a wakizashi, a katana, a tanto and a tetsubo.

Do I understand that the shop is selling katanas? After I spent over 4 hours on the quest? I assume their either inferior quality or very expensive.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:11 PM CDT
Heh. Going to take longer than four hours to get one of these katanas.

The warrior Sabizki says, "Ahh, a vultite katana, eh? That will cost you 960000 silvers. It will take me about 144 hours to prepare. You can BUY it if you want."

~Wulfhen

Mekthros says, "Oh, of course not. We're going to teach schoolchildren tonight."
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:13 PM CDT
<<Do I understand that the shop is selling katanas? After I spent over 4 hours on the quest? I assume their either inferior quality or very expensive.>>

Seems to be the latter.

From what I heard, a vultite katana sells for about a million, and takes about 6 days to make.

Not sure about their quality or whether they've got normal katana weighting.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:27 PM CDT
What is the cost of faenor? Or how do you find out if your there already?

Asmodea Drey'Haus
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:28 PM CDT
My mistake. Someone said that they were inexpensive. I guess inexpensive is a relative concept.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:31 PM CDT
>What is the cost of faenor? Or how do you find out if your there already?

>Asmodea Drey'Haus

A faenor katana was 170ish I think. Sixty hours to make.

Tep

Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:34 PM CDT
>My mistake. Someone said that they were inexpensive. I guess inexpensive is a relative concept.

Inexpensive is all terribly relative I suppose. It's just when they said prohibitive, I thought that well, they would be. I just really don't see a million silvers as that much of a barrier. Maybe there's something more, or less, to these than what's readily apparent. I'm sure we'll know when the first one is picked up.

Tep
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:43 PM CDT
1mil is a lot for any off the shelf merchant item. If you were expecting player prices of 32mil like yesterday, i'm glad you were wrong.

-Dredroberts
It takes more than a big sword and some flashy tricks to be a good warrior.
Check out the new skinning guide!
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/gs4skinner
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:49 PM CDT
>1mil is a lot for any off the shelf merchant item. If you were expecting player prices of 32mil like yesterday, i'm glad you were wrong.

Honestly, that's not what I was expecting at all. What they paid yesterday was way too much for anything. I just expected more I guess. It just strikes me as slightly odd that they would set up a permanent shop where you can buy heavily weighted (assuming that they are) weapons for hardly anything (Like the faenor price, possibly mithril, etc). I'm just irked at the moment for reasons I can't quite articulate so I won't be posting any more on the subject for a while.

Tep
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/28/2004 11:53 PM CDT
<<Inexpensive is all terribly relative I suppose. It's just when they said prohibitive, I thought that well, they would be. I just really don't see a million silvers as that much of a barrier. Maybe there's something more, or less, to these than what's readily apparent. I'm sure we'll know when the first one is picked up.

I'd have to agree, I'd easily pay a million (if i had it) for a 4x claid...i mean what, the 1x claids right now are going for 3 mil usually as it is, my only question is, how long is the guy gonna be there? I wouldn't mind having a vultite katana in the future, just not right now, i like my crushing damage

neb

""You can lead a student to knowledge, but you cannot make him think.""
Robert A. Heinlein
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:00 AM CDT
So I travel from solhaven to try and get a faenor item... and...

Low and behold he has taken all the order be will for the day...

So do I need to camp out here forever to get a shot at an item?

Gads its kinda stinks.

J

L and T's Import Consortium Now opened third spiral room in Solhaven and in Ta'Vaalor three west of the shop offices.

Katee's Kupboard has opened with a potpourri of items. Great for gifts. Now featuring special magical drinks!
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:02 AM CDT
And I thought the waiting and camping for the katana quest was bad... This will get three times as worse as any of those come morning and everyone finds out about it.

Asmodea Drey'Haus
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:25 AM CDT
FYI, this is a permanent 'shop' but only takes limited orders. Demand initially will be high, but it's not going anywhere. At the moment the poor guy has all the orders he can handle.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:32 AM CDT
Is this the same merchant that is on the calendar for Four Winds tomorrow? And if so, will there be a limit to the orders as well? Just trying to figure out if I need to start camping so I don't have to make the trek to the Pass.

~Aldonis
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:32 AM CDT

Thank you for the clarification, Jineer. Several of my characters will be interested in weapons from that shop in due course. Good to know that it will still be around when they finally get there.

notAvaia, player of

> A Vvrael witch moans, the tones intimating a poignant longing, carrying whispers of death with its possibility of bliss and eternal understanding.

Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:40 AM CDT
Intersting.

GMs have set the price of a 4x THW with heavy crit-weighting at 1 mil. I say THW because its training requirements make it unusable to most OHE users. Still, interesting.

Ranshai

www.veii.net - GemStone Rp from a different angle
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:46 AM CDT
No one knows if this Erithi's blades will be heavily crit-weighted. Not until the first blade is made and examined.

Rail

Ik q*'*ap goort pra ik gno*'*ap goort k*'*pla?
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:54 AM CDT
Just to make sure you get these Jineer.. a few things

A. I gave him the required item, went in, and left without ordering. When I asked him about the item again, he said something along the lines he had told me what it was. When I got the gift again and gave it to him, he said I'd already given it to him and let me right back into the backroom again. Any way we can get back in without going to get another exact same item to show him? Or am I just missing the obvious.

B. Most important. I went back in again, and ordered a katana. I've got a ticket and everything. Then, to simply test I asked him about the item again. He said he'd already told me what it was. I showed him the exact same item again, and he let me in. I could have ordered another katana/item.

I've bugged B, and sent a report but better safe than sorry eh? Or is it intentional.. in which case. Weird.

~Wulfhen

Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:58 AM CDT
Or not.. from somebody else who ordered something just now..

>order mithril katana
Sabizki shakes his head, "You already have an outstanding order from me."

~Wulfhen

Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 01:14 AM CDT
<<GMs have set the price of a 4x THW with heavy crit-weighting at 1 mil. I say THW because its training requirements make it unusable to most OHE users. Still, interesting.

That is true..personally, I'll probably pick one of those up sometime...when i need a magic weapon to hunt....otherwise, crit-weighted it may be, it's limited to slash damage, which does bring down it's usefulness in my eyes.

Neb

""You can lead a student to knowledge, but you cannot make him think.""
Robert A. Heinlein
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 01:16 AM CDT
Thanks for reminding us that it is permanent, Jineer. I remember that being said before, but you never know what might change! ;-) I look forward to visiting this shop once the crowds die down a bit. Thanks!

Athena

"Only those things are beautiful which are inspired by madness and written by reason" ~ Andre' Gide
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 01:27 AM CDT
ughh... myself and how many others just hiked over here cause we thougt it was over with the month...

j

one of many going BACK over the mountain...

ps... does the shop need to deliver what it has now before taking more or will he take so many per day??

L and T's Import Consortium Now opened third spiral room in Solhaven and in Ta'Vaalor three west of the shop offices.

Katee's Kupboard has opened with a potpourri of items. Great for gifts. Now featuring special magical drinks!
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 01:29 AM CDT
>>ughh... myself and how many others just hiked over here cause we thougt it was over with the month...

Uh. Did you read any of the stuff that came out of SimuCon? It was directly stated that katana's would be sold off the rack up to vultite metal, permanently. What did you think this was?

~Wulfhen

Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 01:36 AM CDT
Uh. Did you read any of the stuff that came out of SimuCon? It was directly stated that katana's would be sold off the rack up to vultite metal, permanently. What did you think this was?

~Wulfhen

Ummm sorry myself and most of the gs population do not read every folder and certainly do not memorize each and every thing.

So YES I read stuff from the con... NO I do not remember reading that...

and thanks for being so rude about it...

So totally appreciated.

J

Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 02:06 AM CDT
Ardwen and I tend to think that the katanas will not be crit weighed from the shop. Though we could be wrong and that would be pleasant. :)

Jim

"I was gambling in Havana, I took a little risk. Send lawyers, guns and money. Dad, get me out of this. "
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 03:04 AM CDT
It seems rather expensive for a vultite katana if its not crit weighted.

960k for a 4x thw? Its it not crit weighted then your paying 960k for the name and df.

And then you have to consider, why does this erithian weaponsmith make inferior weapons? Is he not really a properly trained erithian weaponsmith?

He doesn't know how to create a katana properly?

They did say the quest ones were not attuned since you could buy katanas from this smith. Doesn't really say anything to as if they have crit weighting or not, but I doubt they will be any different other then the enchant and the show.

There has to be something to them if not, then no one will buy one, as who the hell is going to pay 960k and wait six days for a blessable katana.

Might as well just find another 4x blessabe thw as its a waste for the katana.

~Jeff
~Aim: Hakwea
"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him." --Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine, AFC 54
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 04:15 AM CDT
<< Ardwen and I tend to think that the katanas will not be crit weighed from the shop. Though we could be wrong and that would be pleasant. :) ~Jim >>

I'd be willing to bet against you and Ardwen. Why would the GMs create two seperate types of a weapon with the same description? It would only lead to con games and bad feelings. It's bad enough with the old katanas being falchion based. I doubt they would toss in a third variation of a weapon with the same name.

Lucos

If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your face.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 09:55 AM CDT
>A. I gave him the required item, went in, and left without ordering. When I asked him about the item again, he said something along the lines he had told me what it was. When I got the gift again and gave it to him, he said I'd already given it to him and let me right back into the backroom again. Any way we can get back in without going to get another exact same item to show him? Or am I just missing the obvious.

That is operating correctly, more or less, there is another way you can get into his room without getting the item again if you give him an item and don't order. I may tweak that a bit, but that's pretty much ok.

>B. Most important. I went back in again, and ordered a katana. I've got a ticket and everything. Then, to simply test I asked him about the item again. He said he'd already told me what it was. I showed him the exact same item again, and he let me in. I could have ordered another katana/item.

This should not happen and you would probably would have a problem trying to redeem both tickets. I'll look at that, though it sounds like you didn't actually try to order a second item. I believe you would have been prevented, and couldn't get a second ticket, but I'll check that. Thanks.

Jineer
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 09:57 AM CDT
>order mithril katana
>Sabizki shakes his head, "You already have an outstanding order from me."

Good, I thought that was what should happen. But thanks again for pointing it out.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 10:00 AM CDT
>>there is another way you can get into his room without getting the item again if you give him an item and don't order.

I did wonder. I'll visit him again and play around to see if I can figure it out without SF.

>>Good, I thought that was what should happen. But thanks again for pointing it out. ~ Jineer

Ildran dropped by, and double checked everything last night to make sure. All seems good.

~Wulfhen

Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 10:00 AM CDT
Yeah, the guy will be around indefinately.
Re: ERITHIAN WEAPONSMITH 08/29/2004 12:17 PM CDT
>Heh. Going to take longer than four hours to get one of these katanas.The warrior Sabizki says, "Ahh, a vultite katana, eh? That will cost you 960000 silvers. It will take me about 144 hours to prepare. You can BUY it if you want."~Wulfhen<

I will wait awhile before thinking of ordering one, however, I am curious. Will the weaponsmith take any kind of note, Landing..Ta'Illistm..etc? or will he be particular?

Cryheart
Prev_page Previous 1 3