A week remains... 08/20/2004 10:30 AM CDT
Alright, there remains a little over a week in August.

Can we get a status update on the various things that Katana Month was promoting?

We are still waiting on:

The Katana Quest
The Katana History Document
The Erithian Master Smith (This I expected to be among the last so I'm not shocked here)

ESP system upgrade
Alternate Experience Gain
The Improved Travel Systems
Coup De Grace (Solli has given some comments on this already)
Improved Spells
New Spells
Spell Fixes for Creatures
Gems Document
New Death Penalties

I believe every item here was promised for HSN. Things happen, plans change. Oh well. I am wondering when we can expect them. Its either going to be a busy week or we are looking at further delays on many of these things.

I'm assuming at this point that the hold up on the Katana Quest is deliberate. I cannot really understand it, it sort of turns Katana Month into Katana Week. From the calendar I see only three katanas being released into GemStone Prime thus far with two of them being premium only. Tonights event seems like it will be releasing a few more, but an event promoted as katana month should be plentiful in katanas. Of course, much of the promised merchant services were scheduled for the last week of August.

All the same, I think everyone's expectations were that we would see the Katana Quest fairly early on in the month, giving us the ability to seek out the far more special ones in the auctions once we played around with our steel one a bit. The Master Smith at the end of the month, I suppossed, would sort of cap off Katana Month by making standard magic metal katanas available to the public for a large sum and a good wait. The raffled ones would remain special in that the metals they are forged from would not be availible at the Smith.

So, any updates on the above items?

Ranshai

www.veii.net - GemStone Rp from a different angle
Re: A week remains... 08/20/2004 12:52 PM CDT
Having won a katana at the raffle last night, I'm real curious to know what the difference will be in the katanas obtained through the quest (other than they will be attuned to that character) and the ones raffled (which are not attuned).

Odysia

3 rangers have won katanas so far, who will be the 4th!?

"You will still be my enemy in the morning."
"You are still my enemy tonight."
Re: A week remains... 08/20/2004 01:07 PM CDT
Sure you're not just bragging about winning it?

And, go rangers!
Re: A week remains... 08/20/2004 02:15 PM CDT
>Sure you're not just bragging about winning it?

Not particularly. It was an honest question. One I'd love to have answered if possible.

Odysia

"You will still be my enemy in the morning."
"You are still my enemy tonight."
Re: A week remains... 08/20/2004 03:41 PM CDT
Last I heard, the ones from the quests will be steel, non-magical, unenchantable.

Asmodea SILENCE THE FREAKING RAFFLE ROOMS Drey'Haus
Re: A week remains... 08/21/2004 12:24 PM CDT
>Last I heard, the ones from the quests will be steel, non-magical, unenchantable.

Even that would be amazing for roleplaying purposes...
Re: A week remains... 08/21/2004 12:27 PM CDT
>Even that would be amazing for roleplaying purposes...

Which is what they are for. So people who Should have a katana for part of a story line can get one. I think Erithians should get like 2x steel katanas, or some chance to get a better looking material, or something like that though.

Asmodea Drey'Haus
Re: A week remains... 08/21/2004 01:35 PM CDT
Unless I heard things wrong, which I'm pretty sure I didn't, the Master Erithian Smith will forge katanas from magical metals but it will cost a bundle and require a wait (likely a few weeks at least)

Ranshai

Re: A week remains... 08/21/2004 04:14 PM CDT
>Unless I heard things wrong, which I'm pretty sure I didn't, the Master Erithian Smith will forge katanas from magical metals but it will cost a bundle and require a wait (likely a few weeks at least) Ranshai<

The following is on the katana history page:

New Erithian Master Smith
Good news for collectors of quality weapons! Erithian Master Weaponsmiths have graciously decided to offer premium Nathala Dai armaments to the discerning adventurer. These hand-crafted weapons will not be available off-the-shelf, but can be specially ordered for later pick-up.

Ayep, ye be right I think.

Cryheart
Re: A week remains... 08/21/2004 08:36 PM CDT
That doesn't necessarily refer to katanas though. The Nathala Dai were at the Spitfire this year and I don't remember seeing them selling any katanas, though they did sell other armamaents.
Re: A week remains... 08/21/2004 09:09 PM CDT
Nathala Dai are the primary warriors of the Erithi. The Nathala Dai tent that premered at the Spitfire and showed again during the pagant in Solhaven had all weapons, armor, and shields. Also most Erithi merchants who call them selves weaponsmiths tend to have a Nathala Dai culture setting. All in all, I would expect it to be pretty much all Erithi weapons BUT katanas.

Asmodea Drey'Haus
Re: A week remains... 08/21/2004 11:46 PM CDT
>That doesn't necessarily refer to katanas though. The Nathala Dai were at the Spitfire this year and I don't remember seeing them selling any katanas, though they did sell other armamaents.

I'm refering to what Warden said during Simucon's broadcasts.

Ranshai