Next Promotion 08/17/2004 12:44 PM CDT
Can next month be rock crystal month? I want to see as many of them released as there have been katanas! Ooo, or maybe table leg month?

Why would staff promote an event when it's obvious they are either i) Worn out from 3 Dhu's? or ii) have an insane work schedule not allowing them to work this month? or iii) creating a month long pomotion for the elite 1% of Elanthia who will get a katana? Why not call it a katana weekend, have all promotions done in 2 days and get a lot less disappointment among players?
Re: Next Promotion 08/17/2004 12:57 PM CDT
Agreed... I'd have rather seen this put off a month or three, and done correctly, than have over-worked staff let down the playerbase on it.

A lot of people were really looking forward to the events slated for August, and it's really just a shame that some GS staff hasn't come through. I understand being tired from working the Dhu and I'm certain the people who went on the ship appreciate all the work done there. Heck, I appreciate that all I've seen are people coming away from the Dhu feeling that their money was well-spent.

As for the rest of us, who didn't go... we likely don't feel our money was well-spent (I don't). I don't care about getting a katana, personally, but I do care about other customers feeling serviced and I do care about trusting the people running this game to follow up on what they promise.

But hey, at least if there were a rock crystal month, we'd all either be 2 coins richer for every one we find or not be so bloody disappointed if we didn't get any.

T.
Re: Next Promotion 08/17/2004 02:00 PM CDT
So far there has been only one non-premium merchant working on katana's only. And that merchant did lightening and deepening because no one showed up to get katana's worked on.

There have been a few raffles for katana's too. More coming in the next week.

So your claims of them servicing the top few is insane, considering there has only been one merchant that did this, but they changed to another service when no one showed up with katanas.

The merchants are erithian themmed. Heck I've had a chance to get to things done, but I don't carry erithian weapons on me, nor does my character like their style sO I just watched.

~Jeff
~Aim: Hakwea
"Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him." --Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine, AFC 54
Re: Next Promotion 08/17/2004 03:54 PM CDT
>Why would staff promote an event when it's obvious they are either i) Worn out from 3 Dhu's? or ii) have an insane work schedule not allowing them to work this month? or iii) creating a month long pomotion for the elite 1% of Elanthia who will get a katana? Why not call it a katana weekend, have all promotions done in 2 days and get a lot less disappointment among players?

You need to read more carefully.

It's called "Katana Month". Not, "Katanas Month". Singular.

They've given out their katana yesterday, so we can all go home now.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'd really like to know where all the katanas have gone, too.)

--Tsoran
http://www.tsoran.com/
tsoran@tsoran.com
AIM: GSTsoran
Re: Next Promotion 08/17/2004 03:57 PM CDT
>There have been a few raffles for katana's too. More coming in the next week.

There's been only one katana raffle which I'm aware of that has actually occured, and that was the one last night.

--Tsoran
http://www.tsoran.com/
tsoran@tsoran.com
AIM: GSTsoran
Re: Next Promotion 08/17/2004 04:04 PM CDT
>>(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'd really like to know where all the katanas have gone, too.)<<

With the cowboys?

(Bad I know ... I couldn't resist either!)

-Threat-
Re: Next Promotion 08/17/2004 04:10 PM CDT
Been two so far, Trysan's eahnor katana on saturday, and Rivlias' rolaren on Monday.

Asmodea SILENCE THE FREAKING RAFFLE ROOMS Drey'Haus
Re: Next Promotion 08/17/2004 11:20 PM CDT
Something tells me that they're saving the actual katana "quest" for the end of the month. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Player of Haohmaru et al

"Those who cling to life die, and those who defy death live."
Re: Next Promotion 08/18/2004 09:14 AM CDT
>Something tells me that they're saving the actual katana "quest" for the end of the month. I hope I'm wrong about that.

If that is so, then all these katana alterers are being wasted on the dozen or so people who own a katana.

Ranshai

www.veii.net - GemStone Rp from a different angle
Re: Next Promotion 08/18/2004 01:05 PM CDT
last night was the 3rd raffle that went off, not sure who won the 1st, but twiggs got the 2nd. then last night

i mean two nights ago
Re: Next Promotion 08/18/2004 01:37 PM CDT
If by the first raffle you mean Balouga's, that was canceled. The katana was "stolen" on her way to raffle it.

Asmodea SILENCE THE FREAKING RAFFLE ROOMS Drey'Haus
Re: Next Promotion 08/18/2004 03:19 PM CDT
>The katana was "stolen" on her way to raffle it.

Someone STOLE? From BALOUGA?

Ah pity dah fool...

~Godefroy
Re: Next Promotion 08/19/2004 10:53 AM CDT
<<<<Ah pity dah fool...

great, now I have that theme song stuck in my head.

bah.

~guarr's A-team lovin funk