Papermaking 09/06/2017 04:13 PM CDT
Why should Ta'Illistim have a corner on the market for paper when the ingredients are common, and the options for beautiful artisan papers are around us everywhere?

I'm here to suggest Papermaking for the newest craft.

We could get extra fancy and make origami paper, music sheets, kites, and tissue paper, too - but that sounds like more work.

Or I guess someone could make a paper press and sell it.

Miss Newsby needs a ready supply of paper locally, one way or the other!

Please consider this idea. :)

~L

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier
Re: Papermaking 09/06/2017 04:21 PM CDT

>Why should Ta'Illistim have a corner on the market for paper when the ingredients are common, and the options for beautiful artisan papers are around us everywhere?

they don't!

https://gswiki.play.net/Two_Tarts_Trading_Company

5. a parchment notecard

(I sure don't disagree with your idea, this is where you can find paper)
Re: Papermaking 09/06/2017 05:00 PM CDT
I was super excited about collecting a bunch of variously unlocked stationary boxes but can 100% get behind player generated paper production (I and few others threw some ideas out)!
That being said, here is a little trick that I hope doesn't get anyone in trouble and is allowed by all GALD merchants moving forward-
If you fill up your box, a merchant should be able to change the appearance of all of those pieces in one shot! Personalized paper products!
Offering some form of permanence to those boxes would be AMAZING as an auction quality win. However, something like the picture paper production would be fantastic. Make it use foragables or something if needed for balance.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Papermaking 09/06/2017 07:19 PM CDT
Icemule is ... not close either!

Imagine poor Newsby trying to survive the Glacier trail. ALAS!

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
;tune towncrier
Re: Papermaking 09/06/2017 07:25 PM CDT

>Icemule is ... not close either!

>Imagine poor Newsby trying to survive the Glacier trail. ALAS

5k or a gold ring for the daily chronomage pass, I'll give you whichever, your choice.
Re: Papermaking 09/06/2017 08:30 PM CDT
Newsby's money is no good at the Chronomage office ... been there, tried that.

I will have to work on a gold ring for her.

OR ... wait for PAPERMAKING to come out next month! :)

---
;tune towncrier
Re: Papermaking 09/06/2017 10:37 PM CDT
<OR ... wait for PAPERMAKING to come out next month! :)>

Good luck on that.... it took ten years of hinting, bribing, whining, harassing, and peeing on boots for River's Rest to get it's flinger after it was proposed.

Starchitin

PS Xayle rules!

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Papermaking 09/07/2017 02:41 AM CDT
>>OR ... wait for PAPERMAKING to come out next month! :)

Right after mining and smelting! :D

I like the idea though. Maybe a few related skills connected to paper and scribery and such.

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: Papermaking 10/28/2017 08:59 PM CDT
Like readable books? Or coded messages for spies?

(Sorry, just thinking of cool things that paper could be used for in-game.)