Beyond Black and White - Interpretations of Faith 03/23/2012 05:55 PM CDT
Faith, like anyone else one learns in life, is shaped by the circumstances in which it's taught. The nuances of belief and ritual are different from region to region, from culture to culture, and two servants of the same Arkati meeting for the first time may find themselves very surprised at some facets of each other's worship.

Join us in a discussion of faith led by Shannivar designed to provoke thought about your character's unique beliefs as they relate to their chosen Arkati. Some things to consider that will be brought up are: what is the most sacred holiday to your deity, and why? What aspect of your Arkati's influence resonates most strongly, or is each aspect equal in your character's eyes? What is the ultimate taboo act in their faith?

(While the documentation provided gives us an basic black-and-white outline of each Arkati - their spheres of influence, their general goals and desires, and the like - in most cases it doesn't offer us much in the way of descriptions of worship. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it leaves us free to draw up our characters' rites and beliefs ourselves, and shape them as we choose. Originally this was meant to be the first of a series of discussions exploring this topic, with questions and topics designed around a theme for each gathering. At the moment, though, it seems like this will end up being a one-shot affair.)

When: 9pm Eastern, Saturday night (Yes, tomorrow.)
Where: Solhaven, the Cafe Dumont. (From the North Market, head southeast then east a bit until you see the cafe.)

I'm not limiting this to those of the Liabo or Lornon faith, though I'd ask that people who show up be respectful. If it becomes an issue, we can move over to Shannivar's home and continue the discussion there. Plenty of cushions to sit on, and a rabbit for company.

--
You quietly whisper to Tolomyn, "I would like 'an unpretentious albugineous rumchunder dress whorled with chrysochlorous penniform arabesques', please."
>
You gaze hopefully at Tolomyn.
>
Tolomyn stares at you.
Re: Beyond Black and White - Interpretations of Faith 03/23/2012 09:15 PM CDT
I certainly hope to be there! This has Roh written all over it; milky coffee and healthy debate.

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~