what happened to the room I designed? 01/22/2017 08:52 AM CST
I'm returning after 9 years, I was a member of ALAE long time ago and I had designed a room and it was there back then, i've since returned and I went through every gate, arch, path, door that I could find in Grey Winds and I can't find my room. Did some of them get taken down? I wanted to go through it for old times sake but it's not there that I can see. I see that the group is no longer functioning but I was curious about my old room, any help would be appreciated.
Re: what happened to the room I designed? 03/01/2017 03:09 AM CST
>>I'm returning after 9 years, I was a member of ALAE long time ago and I had designed a room and it was there back then, i've since returned and I went through every gate, arch, path, door that I could find in Grey Winds and I can't find my room. Did some of them get taken down? I wanted to go through it for old times sake but it's not there that I can see. I see that the group is no longer functioning but I was curious about my old room, any help would be appreciated.

Wandered in here and saw this (sorry for the wait!)... and yeah, ALAE bit the dust awhile back. That said, it looks like your area's portal ended up getting stowed for whatever reason. It should be just past the foyer, in the corridor, now. If you have trouble finding it, please mention that; otherwise, enjoy the trip down memory lane.

~Kaikala

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"
Re: what happened to the room I designed? 03/20/2017 12:23 PM CDT

Thank you so much! I had found the files that had the original design but there's nothing like actually walking through rooms that you make. It's interesting going back through something you did almost a decade ago. There's a decent amount of stuff I would probably redo. And alot of the items I put details on are there but hidden you actually have to know what to look at or tap to get the descriptions. some stuff doesn't seem to be there though which is odd, or I can't remember how to look at them to get the description. All in all I am kind of proud of it, it was the first and only rooms I got to create before I stopped playing. It would be nice if this was still an option for players to experience, but I understand if there isn't a huge desire for it and there isn't enough resources that something like this would get put on the backburner. I would love to have a way to just brainstorm ideas about areas and have a place like this to simulate them, kind of like the holodeck in Star Trek.
Re: what happened to the room I designed? 03/25/2017 05:33 PM CDT
>>Thank you so much! I had found the files that had the original design but there's nothing like actually walking through rooms that you make. It's interesting going back through something you did almost a decade ago. There's a decent amount of stuff I would probably redo.

Hah, right? ;) Walking through your own creative mindspace from a decade+ ago is kinda trippy.

>>And alot of the items I put details on are there but hidden you actually have to know what to look at or tap to get the descriptions. some stuff doesn't seem to be there though which is odd, or I can't remember how to look at them to get the description. All in all I am kind of proud of it, it was the first and only rooms I got to create before I stopped playing. It would be nice if this was still an option for players to experience, but I understand if there isn't a huge desire for it and there isn't enough resources that something like this would get put on the backburner. I would love to have a way to just brainstorm ideas about areas and have a place like this to simulate them, kind of like the holodeck in Star Trek.

Part of the issue with ALAE, as I remember it, was that some of the props didn't convert properly and required a GM to manually do them... not sure if that's what happened in your area or not, though. As for the experience as a whole, I agree that it was a fantastic one to have, and even if it's not around now, I'm glad we did have it for a time.

~Kaikala

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"