Room Design 08/11/2013 01:53 AM CDT
Is there a format to follow when designing rooms for CHE houses or MHO's?
Re: Room Design 08/11/2013 07:24 AM CDT
You should probably ask in the CHE/MHO folder (as appropriate) since Valyrka disbanded ALAE awhile ago.

This might help though: https://sites.google.com/site/gs4mho/ultimate-mho-guide/permanent-structures/building-code-and-restrictions

Other than the character limit, I'm not sure what the difference is for CHE rooms, but it could possibly be different since it's a different system.

-farmer
>He's right on all counts. ~Vanah
>Farmer is 100% correct. -REIDYN
>Farmer is correct -Wyrom
>Ahh, no, you are correct - QUARTZ
Re: Room Design 08/12/2013 11:37 AM CDT
Not that I'm in charge of this, so it's just an opinion, but if you're speaking only toward the room description then farmer is probably correct. Rooms cannot exceed X number of characters (or I'd be leaving mini-novels in the forms of rooms all over the place).

GM Scribes
Re: Room Design 08/12/2013 12:00 PM CDT
I still lurk here. I was a long time member of ALAE as a player and it is still dear to my heart.

When designing your building you should reference the MHO guide and direct questions to GM Haliste as she is the expert on MHO structures.

One thing I will add is that in GS remember that you need two spaces after sentences, and they count towards your room character limit. So if you write a fab room using single spaces between and go right up to the limit.... you may have issues when the second space is added.

We had a whole handbook on do's and don't's from grammar to aesthetics. I will check into making it player friendly and see if I can release it for reference.

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Forest Gnomes
Half Elves
Weddings