Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/14/2017 08:52 PM CDT
Can't seem to rebundle arrows after reblading, after using the last charge of Eblade on the bundle. Also, arrows now have an enchanter's glyph from Eblading - why?

They're just wooden arrows from a fletcher shop with no other modification beyond Eblade, and the problem is consistently repeating. Elemental Dispel is not fixing the problem, as it would usually do for an Eblade that someone else had cast using a different elemental flare.

Current solutions are either to store these now useless arrows in one of my containers, or drop it off somewhere in town.

The historical protocol was simply to cast Eblade again at the arrow you had just used, and rebundle it.

>l my arr
You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph. The arrow is surrounded by a scintillating white light.
[This is after casting Eblade on the arrow that lost its Eblade charge]
>l arr in my cloa
You carefully count the arrows and find 77 in the bundle, each one being a wooden arrow, with a strength of 20 and a durability of 40. The arrows are surrounded by a scintillating white light.

Individual projectiles from this bundle will have a show of ""

Each individual projectile will be "a wooden arrow".

>put arr in arr in cloak
You cannot bundle these together.
[There are no other arrows in the container, etc.]
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/14/2017 09:15 PM CDT

Make sure the e blader is attuning. It's a random flare each cast otherwise.
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/14/2017 10:31 PM CDT

>>Make sure the e blader is attuning. It's a random flare each cast otherwise.

I am the Eblader and I am always attuned to my element.
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 07:19 AM CDT
>Can't seem to rebundle arrows after reblading, after using the last charge of Eblade on the bundle. Also, arrows now have an enchanter's glyph from Eblading - why?

In order to bundle arrows they need to have the exact same properties. So if you aren't able to bundle them, it is most likely that there is something different between the arrows you just bought and the ones you had previously.

A couple of questions to help me trace the issue...

Are you trying to e-blade arrows you've been using? Are you trying to e-blade new arrows to add to the existing batch? Are you trying to maximize the charges for your bundle by breaking them down to smaller ones, and e-blading them, then bundling together again?

I am going to run some tests to see if I can replicate the problem, but I need to know what you are doing exactly (while e-blading) to help narrow the issue. Also, if you could, when this happens again please bugitem on BOTH arrow bundles.

~Contemplar~
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 07:57 AM CDT
Ok, I managed to replicate the issue you are seeing and it is not a bug.

What is happening is when you remove an arrow from a bundle that has only one charge left, it removes the e-blade from the bundle and they become normal arrows again. However the arrow you removed from the bundle still has 1 charge left and therefore will not be bundled with the normal arrows.

You can e-blade the bundle again and should be able to add the lone arrow to the newly e-bladed bundle.

~Contemplar~
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 12:53 PM CDT
>>You can e-blade the bundle again and should be able to add the lone arrow to the newly e-bladed bundle.

>>~Contemplar~

Yes - that was the normal protocol. But now even with the bundle and the arrow Ebladed, they cannot be rebundled. They are the same wooden arrows purchased from the same store at the same time, and were only Ebladed once in the initial bundle.
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 01:26 PM CDT
Try dispelling the bundle and the arrow and then re-e-blading them both.

-- Robert

You see a fairly typical Lord Kai.
It appears to be in good shape.
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 01:35 PM CDT
There's an upper limit to the charges, too. Possibly eclipsed?

Doug
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 01:39 PM CDT
>> There's an upper limit to the charges, too. Possibly eclipsed?

There is but you can still bundle them, the charges just won't increase above the 999 mark.

-- Robert

Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 02:07 PM CDT

[This appears to be the issue.]

>l my arr
You see nothing unusual.
>pre 411
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Blade spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my arr
You gesture at a wooden arrow.
A bolt of energy leaps from your hand to the arrow which seems to absorb the energy. After a few moments the arrow begins to shine with a brilliant luminescence.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>l my arr
You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph. The arrow is surrounded by a scintillating white light.
>pre 417
You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Dispel...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my arr
You gesture at a wooden arrow.
A bolt of energy jumps from the wooden arrow to the ground.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>l my arr
You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph.
[Where did that glyph come from?]
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 02:10 PM CDT
>>but you can still bundle them

Ahh. . . (re?)learn something new every day.

Doug
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 02:30 PM CDT
>> Elemental Blade (commonly referred to as "eblade") provides a plain weapon or runestaff with a +20 bonus to enchantment and one of 5 types of elemental flares: air, earth, fire, water, or lightning (see below for identification means).

-- Robert

Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 02:44 PM CDT
Here is the protocol for generating the un-bundle-able (ugh) arrow:

Dispel or use last charge on arrow bundle.

Remove and fire a single arrow.

Re-Eblade bundle.

Re-Eblade arrow.

Attempt and fail to bundle arrow. This lone arrow will now have a permanent enchanting glyph, even when Eblade is no longer active, which it should not have - and did not used to have.

>>>> Elemental Blade (commonly referred to as "eblade") provides a plain weapon or runestaff with a +20 bonus to enchantment and one of 5 types of elemental flares: air, earth, fire, water, or lightning (see below for identification means).

>>-- Robert

Yes, this makes sense when the Eblade is active, but not when the Eblade is no longer active.
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 02:54 PM CDT
Heh. Reading comprehension for the win!

Good catch on an interesting bug. A likely workaround would be to re-bundle the arrow and then remove it before attempting to e-blade.

-- Robert

Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/15/2017 03:09 PM CDT
>>Good catch on an interesting bug. A likely workaround would be to re-bundle the arrow and then remove it before attempting to e-blade.

>>-- Robert

Yes - it's not hard to work around. You just need to avoid Eblading single arrows. But since it's permanently changing the nature of the arrow [when it did not used to], I figured it might make more sense to fix that instead.

It was common practice to pick up single arrows, that either had no Eblade or had a different Eblade, and be able to add those to your bundle (other properties being equal). That would now require dispelling your main bundle before adding an un-ebladed or dispelled arrow.
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/30/2017 03:03 PM CDT
>>Ok, I managed to replicate the issue you are seeing and it is not a bug.

>>What is happening is when you remove an arrow from a bundle that has only one charge left, it removes the e-blade from the bundle and they become normal arrows again. However the arrow you removed from the bundle still has 1 charge left and therefore will not be bundled with the normal arrows.

>>You can e-blade the bundle again and should be able to add the lone arrow to the newly e-bladed bundle.

>>~Contemplar~

This bug is still happening - the problem is that they are not becoming normal arrows ever again. Instead, they now have a permanent enchanting glyph (and/or whatever else) that is preventing from them being re-bundled. You cannot do anything to fix it - dispel, re-eblade, nothing.

If it helps any, this is a problem I only noticed happening in the last month or so.
Re: Arrows, eblade, and dispel 10/30/2017 03:11 PM CDT
I'm seeing this with standard shop bought light crossbow bolts too.